Methi, or fenugreek, is very widely used in Indian cooking. It is used as a herb, spice and even a vegetable in Indian cooking. Methi can also be used for skin care purposes because of the amazing benefits it offers.
Methi has a slightly bitter, smoky taste, which makes it difficult for most people to like the taste of it. People have to usually acquire a taste for methi.
Methi has flavonoids, alkaloids, vitamins and minerals. It is even known to be associated with helping those women who suffer from dysmenorrhoea, which is extreme menstrual pain. All of these components in methi make it really perfect for health care.
The health benefits of methi include treating mouth sores, anaemia, and boosting blood circulation. It even has benefits for the digestive system, especially for those who have problems with constipation. It aids with respiratory problems too.
Methi basically has multiple health benefits, but it also has benefits for the skin and hair. It is said to help cure dandruff-related issues and even with hair fall, when it comes to hair benefits.
How to use methi for skin care? Here, we are listing down the skin concerns that methi can tackle! Have a look.
1. Acne: Acne can bother almost anyone. Especially during the teenage years. Boil methi seeds in water and then use the water on your face when it cools. This can help treat brand new acne spots.
2. Fairness: Mix powdered methi seeds with curd or yogurt to make the best fairness face pack ever! Benefits of methi for skin care can't get better than this.
3. Inflammation: Acne and pimples often cause inflammation, itchiness and pain. Methi juice can really help get rid of this discomfort.
4. Anti-Ageing: Fenugreek helps eliminate the first signs of ageing, wrinkles and fine lines. Mix fenugreek seeds with yogurt for best results. This works because of the antioxidants and free radicals in it.
5. Moisture: Fenugreek can help prevent the skin from getting coarse and dry. Mix methi powder with water for this, and get rid of all the signs of dry skin.
6. Clear Skin: Methi can really help the skin be a lot clearer. Use a mixture of milk and methi powder and apply this paste on to your face. Wait for 15 minutes and rinse.
7. Firm Skin: The free radicals and antioxidants in methi can help your skin look up to two levels more firm than it was earlier.
8. Blemishes: If you have skin full of blemishes and dark spots, using methi is your answer because of the amazing antioxidants in methi. These help clear up your dark spots in no time at all.
9. Cleanser: Methi can help cleanse the skin from deep within. Mix methi powder with water to make your very own DIY cleanser for the face.
10. Exfoliation: Methi can help get rid of the dead skin cells really easily. It even unclogs pores. Mix with honey for best results and be rest assured that this skin care benefit of methi will provide effective results.
11. Glowing Skin: Since methi helps get rid of dead skin cells, it can really help with getting a glowing skin too. This is one of the best benefits of methi in skin care, as methi helps purify the blood.
12. Skin Tan: Prolonged sun exposure can make your skin really dark. Mix methi powder with lemon juice and use it regularly for an instant fix for skin tan.