We are officially in love with mayonnaise face masks! In winter, it is like this fuzzy blanket that protects your skin from cracking, peeling and drying! And you would be too, if you knew what it can do for your skin!
Mayonnaise is primarily made of soybean oil, vinegar and egg, which together make for a boon to your skin. It stimulates turnover of skin cells, lifts dead skin layer, moisturises the skin and energises it. Plus, it has this uncanny ability to make the most boring of salads into a gastronomical work of art!
Let's understand the DIY mayonnaise face packs closely and learn exactly what they can do to our skin!
Mayonnaise packs a powerful punch of omega-3 and 6 fatty acids, which penetrate deep into the skin layers, repairing damaged skin cells and promoting the regeneration of new cells.
Furthermore, it contains a high ratio of vitamin A, vitamin K and proteins that promote the collagen fibre in skin, thereby improving elasticity and slowing down the skin's ageing process.
To top it all off, we figured, a jar of mayonnaise is an irredeemable part of the Indian kitchen, and it costs fraction of prices of an expensive spa.
So, here are six mayonnaise mask recipes that will make your skin smile!
- Take 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise, leave it in the room temperature for 10 minutes to soften.
- Add a teaspoon of pure honey and mix until it blends well.
- Massage it onto your skin in a circular motion, and leave it on for another 15 minutes.
- Rinse the mayonnaise face mask with a light cleanser.
- Grind 1 tablespoon of oatmeal into a rough powder.
- Mix it with 1 tablespoon of sugar and an equal quantity of mayonnaise.
- Add a few drops of honey, whip it until you get a gritty paste.
- Dampen your facial skin and scrub it, using the concoction.
- Scrub for 5 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- If there is excess grease on the skin, blot it out with a tissue paper.
Black Spot Removing Mask
- Take a bowl, add 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon of honey and squeeze a few drops of lemon juice.
- Using a fork, stir it well, until you get a fine paste.
- Apply it evenly on your face, leaving area around your eyes.
- Let the DIY mayonnaise face pack sit for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Follow it up by rinsing your face with cold water to close pores.
Skin Repairing Mask
- Take 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise, add 2 to 3 drops of wheatgerm oil and an equal amount of tea tree oil.
- Mix until all the ingredients combine to form a smooth paste.
- Apply a thin coat to your face and neck.
- Let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes and then scrub and rinse it clean with plain water.
Dry Skin Mask
- Take 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise, add ½ a teaspoon of baking soda and mix well.
- Cleanse your face and apply the mask.
- Let the mask get absorbed into the skin for at least 20 minutes, before you rinse it clean.
- To treat dry skin with mayonnaise, apply this mask not more than twice a week.
Skin Brightening Mask
- Mix a teaspoon of mayonnaise, with 1 teaspoon of carrot juice, and a few drops of almond oil.
- Beat it till it blends.
- Massage it to your skin and wait for 20 minutes.
- Scrub, rinse and pat dry.
- Avoid this mask if you have an oily skin!
If you have any more tips on how to use mayonnaise on skin, do share with us in the comment section below!