We all admire women who look attractive and can carry themselves well. It is an undeniable fact that cosmetics make women look more attractive, younger and it also boosts their confidence by many folds.
However, when cosmetics are worn in a haphazard and incorrect manner, the effect is catastrophic.
Wearing eyeliner for instance, can either make a woman look ravishing or give her temporary dark circles.
Wearing a lipstick the correct way can make your lips look perfectly shaped even if they are not. When lipstick is worn in a wrong way, it can give an awkward appearance to your entire face.
Applying blush on your cheeks seems like rocket science, even though it's really not! We all know that making either a fish face or a smiley face is a must while applying blush.
This allows you to find the centre point of your cheeks easily. However, this pointer is only the tip of the iceberg!
While choosing and applying cosmetics, you have to keep a few pointers in mind. These pointers can help you know which product is accurate for your skin tone, skin type and face cute.
Listed below are some important blush application tips, tricks and pointers to make your cheeks look simply fabulous this summer.
Starting With The Basics - Purchasing The Blush
1) Choose a colour according to your skin tone. This point can't be said enough! Soft pink, light coral and peach are three shades that are ideal for fair women. Rich pink, deep peach and warm mauve are three shades that look good on women with a wheatish complexion.
2) Women who have a darker skin tone can experiment with blush shades such as deep fuchsia, warm brown and tangerine.
3) Don't Buy Your First Blush Online: This rule is applicable to all cosmetics, but especially to blush boxes. The only exception of this rule is if you have already done your research, found a brand that suits you, tried out samplers and figured out which shade is ideal for you.
Blush Application Tips And Tricks
1) Apply the blush after you have applied the foundation, lipstick, eyeliner, eyeshadow and any other makeup. As far as possible, try to match the blush with your lipstick shade.
2) Invest in an appropriate-sized blush applicator. The small brush that you get with the box will be pretty much useless. Keep your brushes clean by using a mild disinfectant soap once a week, no exceptions!
3) The general rule is that the blush has to be applied on the apple of the cheeks, while sweeping upwards. This is not necessarily true, your face shape will determine the right application process.
4) If you have a square-shaped face, then apply the blush only on the apple of the cheeks. If you have a heart-shaped face, then apply under the apple of the cheeks and sweep upwards.
5) If you have an oval-shaped face, then apply on the apple of the cheeks and sweep upwards. If you have a round-shaped face, then apply only along with cheek bones, sweeping the brush upwards.
6) Cream blush must be applied with an angled brush. After loading your brush with a small bit of the product, you will have to apply it carefully. The aim should be to make your face look slightly flushed.
7) Applying too much of this product might highlight your cheeks more than needed. If you are in doubt, then start with loading the angled brush with a minute amount of product, add more only if needed.
Also Read: The Best Blush Colours For You