The area around the lips can be darker than the rest of the face due to many reasons. Sometimes, it can be due to dry skin. There are some home remedies you can try out to deal with pigmentation around the lips.
Often, the area around the lips is very dry and needs a lot more moisture to be retained than the rest of the face, except the under-eye area of course.
Apart from being dry, things like threading and other methods of hair removal around the area can actually make it darker than the rest of the face.
The key is to keep the area more moisturised. But, of course, we tend to forget these things with our busy lives and schedules. However, you have to make it a practice to ensure you pay special attention to the area around your lips.
We will be sharing with you some home remedies that would help you get rid of the pigmentation around lips and even help keep the area moisturised. Keep reading to find out the ways to get rid of pigmentation around the lips region for good!
To Treat Pigmentation:
1. Lemon: Lemon juice is the strongest natural bleaching agent because of its high vitamin C content. Apply lemon juice on the area and keep it on for 10-15 minutes. Then, wash it off. Do this every day to get results within a week.
2. Turmeric: Turmeric is the ONE SPICE that is best known to help with pigmentation. Mix turmeric with milk or yogurt and apply it around the mouth. With this remedy, you will see results instantly, although the results won't be drastic on the first use.
3. Yogurt: The lactic acid in yogurt helps get rid of darkness or pigmentation. Apply yogurt around the mouth area before you take a bath. You can do this every day for best results, as it is a really gentle remedy.
4. Tomato: Tomato is another ingredient that has mild bleaching properties, but is not as strong as lemon juice. This is best for people who have sensitive skin. Rub a slice of tomato around the mouth. Leave the juice on for 10 minutes and then wash it off.
5. Potato: The minerals in potato help it to lighten the skin to a great extent. Rub a potato slice on the area and wash off the juice in 15 minutes.
6. Cucumber: Cucumber juice is probably the mildest and gentlest natural bleach there is. An added benefit of this is that in case your dry skin turns out to be really painful, cucumbers can help cool down and soothe the skin.
1. Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is one of the best ways to get rid of pigmentation around the mouth region. Apply coconut oil around the lips at night before sleeping, for best results.
2. Olive Oil: Olive oil is really rich in vitamin E, which helps nourish the skin from deep within. Massage olive oil on the skin and let it work its magic overnight.
3. Butter: The sticky texture of butter makes it perfect for providing moisture to really dry skin. Leave the butter on the skin overnight to wake up to completely healed skin.
4. Almond Oil: Almond oil is another oil really rich in vitamin E. Go for the pure almond oil variety and not the scented kind. Leave the oil on overnight and you'll see your skin heal in no time.
5. Vitamin E Oil: And if you need major help and nothing else is working, pierce a vitamin E capsule and apply the oil around your lips. This will give you the maximum moisture your skin requires.
6. Aloe Vera Gel: This amazing water-like gel helps rid you of the worst kind of dry skin. This remedy actually works. It takes around a week to show results, but the results are probably the best out of all the other remedies.