When we think of a peel off mask, we invariably think of expensive spas and hefty price tags. What if we say, you can make a peel off mask at home, using natural ingredients. And yes, it gives the same results as the spas, only better.
How are these masks better than regular scrubs, you ask? Well, scrub works to slough off the dead skin layers from the outermost surface, which unclog pores.
On the other hand, peels go a step further, not just removing dead skin layers, but also skin impurities, blackheads and unwanted facial hair, which in turn improves the skin texture and tone!
When it comes to peel off masks, there are more options than you thought. The idea is to play around different ingredients, until you find the one that best suits your skin type and addresses your specific problem.
Caution: No two skins are alike, what suited someone else will not necessarily work for you. The idea is to patch test the mask first to eliminate any possibility of side effects.
So, without further ado, here are some pore-cleansing peel off mask recipes that will brighten your complexion instantly!
Blackhead Removing Mask
Works to remove deeply embedded blackheads and removes impurities from the skin.
- Take 1 tablespoon of milk and 1 tablespoon of gelatin powder, heat it in a low flame for about 5 to 10 seconds.
- When the gelatin dissolves completely, whip it with a fork for the ingredients to blend well.
- Wait for the solution to cool down.
- When it is lukewarm and comfortable to touch, apply a thin coat using a brush to your face.
- Wait for 10 minutes, until the mask tightens.
- Gently peel off the mask and rinse your face with cold water.
This mask boosts the collagen level of the skin, which in turn keeps fine lines and ageing spots at bay.
- Take two egg whites, mix in a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Apply a thin coat of the mask on your face and neck.
- Immediately, press a thin tissue paper on top of the mask and follow it up with another coat of the mask.
- Let it sit until completely dry and then peel it off in one quick stroke.
- Rinse and pat dry.
Skin Brightening Mask
This mask rejuvenates the skin, lightens pigmentation and improves complexion.
- Take 1 tablespoon of skin-safe glue in a bowl.
- Cut open 1 activated charcoal pill and add it to the glue.
- Add 5 drops of almond oil to the content and using a tooth pick, mix well.
- Apply the DIY peel off mask all over your face, wait till it dries completely, and then peel it off gently.
Skin Toning Mask
This mask works to tone, brighten and tighten the skin.
- Take 1 tablespoon of cucumber juice, 1 tablespoon of rose water, 10 drops of lemon juice with 1 tablespoon of gelatin in a bowl.
- Whip it rigorously, until all the ingredients dissolve.
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser, and pat dry.
- Apply a thin coat of the mask, wait till it dries completely and you'll feel your skin tighten and then peel it off gently.
Pore Cleansing Mask
This peel off mask using natural ingredients cleanses and shrinks the pores.
- Take a tablespoon of honey, milk and a teaspoon of lemon juice in a bowl.
- Heat it in a low flame, until the mixture becomes thick and sticky.
- Let the mixture cool in room temperature.
- Apply a thin coat evenly to your face and neck.
- Let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes and then peel it off.
- Rinse your face later with cold water.
Skin Energizing Mask
This mask can infuse life back into dull and tired skin.
- Take a bowl, separate egg white from the yolk and keep it separately.
- Brew half a cup of green tea, add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of gelatin powder.
- Microwave it for 5 to 10 seconds, until the ingredients dissolve and blend well.
- Place it in the refrigerator to cool the mixture soon.
- Add the mixture to egg white, and whip until you get a foamy consistency.
- Apply two or three coats to your skin.
- Let it dry for 20 to 30 minutes, and once dry, peel it off.
- Rinse your face with cold water.
If you have any more tips on how to make peel off masks at home, do share them with us in the comment section below.