Skin care during the teenage years is one of the keys to having good skin all your life. The teenage years can be excessively crazy on the skin, and that is why we have this must follow skin care routine for teenagers.
All the hormonal changes can be really mean to your skin, no matter how you maintain yourself or your diet. And this time makes the skin especially prone to damage and breakouts. These breakouts can further lead to permanent damage because of teenagers not knowing how to deal with their skin.
So the aim is to make that time of your life a lot easier and make skin care a whole lot easier for you in the long run. With these skin care tips, you'll have fewer breakouts in the form of pimples and acne, and even if you do have them, they wouldn't leave marks.
The best tip to follow when dealing with pimples is to not touch them. Touching leads to more chances of there being marks later on in life on the skin. So, here are the tips, take a look.
1. Face Wash: Do not get influenced by ads and buy any face wash. They may claim to work like magic for your skin. Trust us, that's not how it works. Go for a very gentle cleanser instead. Skin tends to be really sensitive at this time. So, you must be really careful with it.
2. Moisturise: One mistake that we all tend to make in our teenage years is to not moisturise enough. We keep feeling that moisturising would make the skin even oilier and prone to breakouts. Always moisturise after washing your face.
3. Toner: Don't we all wish that someone had told us about toners when we were young? It would have saved us all a lot of trouble. Use gentle toners that would suit your skin. We'd always recommend you to stick to homemade toners.
4. Tea Tree Oil: With this miracle oil more readily available in the markets, teenagers today obtain it a lot easier. Use this oil anytime you see a pimple starting to pop up. The pimple will disappear overnight.
5. SPF: Sun protection should start when you're young. Sun damage can lead to pimples, acne and even early signs of ageing. Never ever skip on that sunscreen.
6. Exfoliation: Most teenagers are unaware of the difference that face scrubs can make on the skin. Mostly because they don't have anyone to educate them. Dead skin removal has a huge impact on how the skin looks and even on pimples and acne, as clogged pores are a huge reason for pimples. So, make sure to exfoliate your skin often.