Men's skin is different from that of women. Their skin texture is hard and they are more exposed to sunlight, dust and pollution. Therefore, it is quite obvious that their skin will be more damaged than women, which is why we've listed scrub recipes for men.
And another thing is, men are not aware much of skin treatments and many of them don't even use any skin-treating products. As a result they get damaged skin, early wrinkles, heap of blackheads and whiteheads and more.
When it comes to men, they hardly know how to exfoliate and when it comes to doing it, they become lethargic. Buck up guys, and do something to get flawless skin. Here are some dos and don'ts for exfoliating men's skin:
• Use products that contain glycolic acid, as it penetrates deep down to your harsh skin and cleanses it.
• Apart from face, you should also concentrate on your neck, elbows and other parts of your body.
• You should exfoliate 2-3 times per week.
• Always use sunscreen after exfoliation.
• Take a little bit of an exfoliating product and cleanse your skin.
Now, here are 7 homemade scrubs, exclusively for men:
1. Almond Oil, Sea Salt And Olive Oil Scrub: If you are a man with dry skin, this will help you a lot. Take ½ a tbsp of almond and olive oil and mix 1 tbsp of sea salt with it. Apply on your face and rub in a circular motion. Don't go harsh on your skin. Leave it for 2 minutes and wash well.
2. Rice Flour, Curd And Baking Soda Scrub: If you want an easy scrub recipe to exfoliate within a few minutes, this is the best option. Take rice flour and curd to make a thick paste. Add a pinch of baking soda into it. Apply this on your skin and rub in a circular motion for a few minutes. Always apply it on clean face. This scrub is suitable for oily skin.
3. Curd, Walnut And Lemon Scrub: You will need walnut powder and curd for this and mix it well with lemon juice. This scrub not only removes dead skin cells but also reduces black spots from your skin and brings back your skin's natural glow.
4. Aloe Vera And Turmeric Powder Scrub: If you work outside for long, you will definitely get tanned. Use this scrub to remove tan easily. Take out fresh gel from Aloe Vera leaves and add a pinch of turmeric powder to it. Massage your skin lightly, until the scrub gets dry. Wash off with cold water.
5. Honey, Lemon And Milk Powder Scrub: This is another anti-tanning scrub. Take all the ingredients at an equal proportion and mix them well. You can add almond or olive oil into it. Now, apply it on your skin and wash after 15 minutes. Using twice a day will give you the best result.
6. Tomato And Sugar Scrub: This is one of the best scrubs for men's skin. Cut tomato into slices and dip it into sugar granules. Now, gently rub your skin and leave it to be dried. Wash off with cold water. You can also use it as a body scrub.
7. Baking Soda And Oatmeal Scrub: Take an equal proportion of baking soda and oatmeal, and mix these two ingredients with warm water. Make a soft paste and massage it gently on your skin. This scrub is great in removing blackheads and whiteheads.