Have you ever wondered how a lot of women belonging to the generations before ours looked so radiant and ageless?
During their times, fancy cosmetic procedures and surgeries did not exist, yet somehow they managed to look great naturally, thanks to the healthy lifestyles that they followed and the herbal ingredients they used, which were easily available at home!
Many of us do not realise that our own kitchen or garden holds magical ingredients that can help us to stay healthy and beautiful.
Especially vegetables, fruits and herbs that are rich in nutrients necessary for our optimum health.
Cucumber is one such vegetable that comes with numerous properties that are beneficial for your skin.
Cucumber contains nutrients, along with vitamin C and caffeic acid, that aid in soothing the skin and keeping your complexion looking fresh and toned.
The flesh of the cucumber is rich in vitamins and antioxidants that help in making your skin look younger and more radiant.
There are a few other ingredients that can be used along with a cucumber to create recipes at your home to attain a lovely skin that you've always desired! Read on to know more.
Recipe 1: To Attain A Rejuvenated Feel
Ingredients: Cucumber, yoghurt, aloe vera gel, honey and lemon
This recipe aims at keeping your skin well nourished, the vitamin content present in aloe vera gel and yoghurt stimulate the production of healthy skin cells. In addition, lemon acts as a natural skin toner. Cucumber and honey added to this mixture can make your skin appear radiant and softer.
1. Take freshly cut pieces of a cucumber and puree it in a
2. Add the remaining ingredients to the cucumber puree to make a paste.
3. Apply a thick layer on to the face.
4. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
5. Rinse your face well with lukewarm water.
Recipe 2: To Tone Your Complexion
Ingredients : Cucumber juice, tomato pulp and apple cider vinegar
Since both tomato pulp and vinegar are natural toners, they close your skin pores by reducing their size gradually, thereby preventing acne and loose skin. This mixture is more effective when added with cucumber, as it has a cooling effect on the skin.
1. Obtain cucumber juice by mixing it in a blender.
2. Mix tomato pulp, cucumber juice and vinegar in a clean bowl.
3. Stir well to make a thick paste.
4. Apply this mixture on to the skin, spread it evenly.
5. Leave it on for 30 minutes.
6. Wash the skin with lukewarm water.
Recipe 3: To Get Rid Of The Cellulite
Ingredients : Cucumber, coffee powder and honey
When combined with honey and coffee powder, cucumber acts as a natural skin-tightening agent. This face mask, with a regular use, can tighten your skin and give it a natural lift by reducing cellulite.
1. Collect some cucumber juice in a bowl by mixing pieces in a blender.
2. Add the coffee powder and honey into the cucumber juice.
3. Make this mixture into a paste.
4. Apply an even coat on the skin.
5. Leave it on for about 30 minutes.
6. Rinse well with lukewarm water and a mild soap.
Recipe 4: Say Goodbye To Blemishes
Ingredients : Cucumber and oatmeal
This recipe is known to be very effective in removing acne scars, blemishes and dark marks present on the skin, as it exfoliates your skin by getting rid of the dead skin layer. It also helps in keeping your complexion flawless.
1. Mix cucumber juice and oatmeal in a bowl.
2. Allow it to soak for about 30 minutes.
3. Stir it well and make this mixture into a fine paste.
4. Apply it on to the skin and leave it on for 20 minutes.
5. Wash the skin with cold water.
Recipe 5: To Attain That Extra Glow
Ingredients: Mint leaves and cucumber
Both cucumber and mint come with cooling properties that add extra freshness to your skin. The vitamins present in mint and the moisturising properties of a cucumber can add a healthy glow to your complexion from within. This works best when used in the morning.
1. Grind some mint leaves and cucumber in a blender.
2. Collect the mixture in a clean bowl.
3. Apply it on to the skin in even layers.
4. Leave it on for about 20-30 minutes.
5. Rinse off with lukewarm water and pat dry with a soft cloth.
Recipe 6 : Time To Exfoliate That Skin
Ingredients: Cucumber, milk and brown sugar
Brown sugar is known to be a great exfoliant that keeps your skin feeling renewed. And milk comes with skin-moisturising properties that leave your complexion softer than ever. When mixed with a cucumber, this mixture acts as a potent skin-exfoliating agent that gives you an even skin tone.
1. Grind some cucumber pieces in a blender to obtain its
2. Add milk and brown sugar into the puree and stir it well.
3. After obtaining a thick paste, apply it on to the skin.
4. Apply in even coats on the desired area.
5. Let it stay for about 30 minutes.
6. Rinse off with lukewarm water.