Avocados and avocado oil are used in skin care products as these contain vitamins A, B1, B2 and D, lecithin, potassium and vitamin E as well. They also contain protein and more than 20% of essential fatty acids. These are very much in demand as skincare ingredients as these have so much to offer.
Avocados are used in the manufacture of ant-aging products due to its nourishing and moisturizing capabilities. In 1991, the Department of Food Engineering and Biotechnology, Technion Israel Institute of Technology found that avocado oil dramatically improves the formation of collagen in the skin. Hence, it is frequently used in anti-aging products.
In addition to its ability to penetrate deep into the skin, it is an ideal ingredient to fight dry skin. For anyone who is fighting the problems caused by eczema or psoriasis, avocado provides healing qualities which relieve dryness. Both avocado and avocado oil is sweet and well tolerated by those with very sensitive skin.
Apart from its moisturizing and healing qualities, it is also full of sterolins and AKA plant steroids, which are reported to decrease age spots and heal scars.
So lets prepare a few avocado-based facial masks for both dry as well as greasy skin:
Avocado+Almond Oil Face Mask: For Dry Skin
1 teaspoon of almond oil
- Mash the avocado and add almond oil to it.
- Apply to face, preventing the eye region, and let it set for fifteen minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
Avocado+Honey+Egg Yolk Face Mask: For Dry
2 tablespoons of avocado
2 tablespoons of honey
1 egg yolk
- Mash the avocado and add the honey and egg yolk to it.
- Make it into a paste.
- Apply on face and neck.
- Let it set for ten minutes. Then rise with hot water and then cold water.
Also Read: Homemade Face Packs For A Glowing Skin
Avocado+Egg White+Lemon Juice Face Mask: For Greasy
1 egg white
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and mix well.
- Apply to a clean face with fingertips on the oily parts of the face.
- Rinse with hot water and then cold water. Follow it up with a toner and a moisturizer.