When it comes to good skin care, our elders do know the best! So, the next time they tell you to do something for skin care, don't just scoff away the advice. These flawless skin tips have been passed down for generations for a reason.
Common skin care problems include pimples and acne, the marks left behind by the said pimples and acne, tanning, pigmentation and ageing signs.
Regardless of what the problem is, there is some or the other remedy for it that has been passed down for generations. So, why go and buy all sorts of expensive creams and treatments to heal your common skin care problems when all you need are your grandma's remedies?
These are safe to use and don't cost too much at all. Here, we will be listing down some of the most common skin problems and their remedies. Trust us, every single skin concern you may have has some or the other fix in your grandma's book.
So, why don't you try them out yourself for flawless skin that glows from within? Here they are.
1. For Dull, Tired Skin: Mix turmeric powder with milk and a little coconut oil to get rid of the dullness on your skin. This face pack will make your skin look bright and wide awake. Keep this face pack on for 20-30 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
2. For Dead Skin: Besan or chickpea flour is one of the best remedies for getting rid of the dead skin cells. Mix besan with a little yogurt and rub the paste on your face in a gentle circular motion. This will slough away your dead skin cells, without being too harsh on your skin.
3. For Tanning: Make a paste out of tomatoes and yogurt. Apply this mix on your face and leave it on for half an hour. Tomatoes are a natural bleaching agent and they help get rid of the skin tan to reveal lighter skin tone.
4. For Blemishes: It is annoying when pimples and acne leave behind marks. To get rid of these marks, make a mix of lemon juice and rose water and apply it on the marks. Leave it on overnight and then wash it in the morning. This will reduce the dark spots in a week.
5. For Facial Hair: Mix papaya with a little turmeric and rub it in the direction opposite to hair growth. Papaya has enzymes that help break down hair follicles and gradually reduce facial hair growth.
6. For Pigmentation: If you have a lot of pigmentation, lemons are your best friends. Take a half-cut lemon and squeeze out a little honey on it and rub this all over your face. Doing this once in every two days will help you get rid of skin pigmentation in around a month.
7. For Dry Skin: This is the simplest grandma-approved skin care hack. Just apply a little yogurt on your face for gentle moisturisation and notice how the problem will be taken care of at ease.