The skin under our eyes is extremely delicate and thin, much thinner than the skin on the other parts of the face. Hence, this area needs more care as it is highly susceptible to fine lines, wrinkles and under eye circles.
There are many things that can cause under eye circles, like stress or lack of sleep. Sometimes the reason can be more serious like iron deficiency or some other disease. Aging can also cause under eye circles.
If the under eye circles don't go away even after repeated efforts, it may mean that it's time to get checked by a doctor to find out whether it is a result of any health condition.
The best way to get rid of under eye circles is to try and get at least 8 hours of sleep, get rid of stress, eat nutritious food and avoid smoking and drinking altogether. Yes, like everything else, smoking can definitely trigger under eye circles too.
This part of our face is very delicate and needs special attention and care. So be sure to use an under eye cream or a little baby oil at night on the under eye area.
Here's how you can easily reduce under eye circles at home with a little bit of time and patience!
Method and Application
- Grate the cucumber into a bowl and add the juice of half a lemon to it.
- Mix it well and keep it in the fridge for cooling.
- After it is cooled, strain the juice using a strainer.
- Apply the juice under your eyes using your finger tips or with the help of a cotton ball dipped in the juice. Storing it in the fridge helps the liquid to provide a cooling effect to tired eyes.
- Keep the juice on for 15-20 minutes and then wash off.
- Repeat this twice daily till you see results.
I hope you try this out. Keep reading for more easy DIYs on beauty!