Some of us are gifted with a naturally flawless complexion, whereas the rest of us have to work hard in attaining a healthy looking skin. Having spotless skin, with hardly any blemishes, is truly a boon that isn't enjoyed by many.
A radiant complexion is a mark of true beauty, they say. But many factors such as unhealthy diet, stress, pollution, genes, age, etc, can make our complexion dull and leave it looking lifeless.
This may further hamper our confidence and make us feel quite depressed about our outwardly appearance.
While some of us opt for cosmetic procedures like Botox, chemical peels, etc, to help us attain a youthful glow, others prefer to stay away from them due to the fear of their negative effects on the skin and cost.
If you fall under that category, then worry not, as there are a lot of other ways to firm up your skin and improve your complexion with the use of natural ingredients, right at home!
Turmeric or Haldi is one such natural ingredient, found in our kitchens, that has been used in cosmetic remedies for the skin, since times immemorial.
Even the Ayurvedic system of medicine recommends turmeric to help keep our complexion looking younger and more firm.
Read on to know more about the DIY turmeric remedies that can help tighten your skin and also keep it healthy!
Ingredients: Besan (chickpea flour), olive oil and turmeric
This combination is known to reduce the size of your skin pores, thereby making your skin firmer. Turmeric also helps to lighten your skin tone effectively.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of besan, ½ a tablespoon of turmeric and olive
oil in a bowl.
- Let this mixture cool for about 20 minutes in a
- Apply this mixture on to the face and leave it on for about 25
- Rinse off with water and rub your skin with ice cubes.
- Apply a mild moisturiser.
Ingredients : Turmeric and honey
The potent combination of turmeric and honey works towards stimulating the skin to produce new cells. The exfoliating property of honey eliminates the dead skin layer, thereby making the skin look younger and firmer.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of honey to some turmeric powder.
- Make this into a paste by stirring it well.
- Apply this paste on to your skin evenly.
- Massage for a few minutes in a circular motion.
- Rinse with cold water.
Ingredients : Turmeric and eggs
This turmeric remedy effectively works towards reducing skin sagging and wrinkles, by minimising the size of the pores. The nourishment given to the skin cells by the egg proteins also helps your complexion to attain a good radiance.
- Mix 1 beaten egg and some turmeric powder in a bowl.
- Make it into a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on to the face and leave it on for about 15
- Wash it off gently with cold water.
Ingredients : Turmeric, avocado and yoghurt
This powerful mixture helps combat skin blemishes effectively, thereby giving you a smoother, firmer skin tone. While avocado nourishes your skin cells from within, turmeric and yoghurt work towards adding a healthy glow to your complexion.
- Add avocado pulp and some turmeric powder to 1 cup of
- Let this mixture soak for about 15 minutes.
- Apply this mixture on to the skin and leave it on for about 25
- Rinse it off using a mild face wash.
Ingredients : Sandalwood powder, turmeric and rose water
This mixture mainly aims at making your skin visibly lighter, as both sandalwood and turmeric come with skin-lightening properties. Additionally, rose water gives your skin an even texture and makes it radiant from within.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of sandal power and turmeric powder in a
- Add a few drops of rose water to this mixture and make it into
- Apply this paste on to your face and leave it on for about 15
- Wash it off using a mild face wash and cold water.
Ingredients : Turmeric, gram flour and almond oil
This turmeric remedy works well to remove unwanted facial hair. The combination of turmeric and gram flour acts as a natural hair-removing agent that eliminates unattractive facial hair from the roots, gradually reducing its growth. Almond oil moisturises your skin, making it softer.
- Mix some gram flour and turmeric powder in a bowl.
- Add a few drops of almond oil to this mixture and make a
- Apply it on to the face and rub it gently in the opposite
direction of hair growth.
- Wash it off after 15 minutes with cold water.
- Use it regularly for effective results.