Wrinkles are an unpleasant reality of growing older. These marks of ageing are more unsightly to the person carrying them, than to the others who view them.
Wrinkles not only make a person look old, but also feel old and unattractive. Wrinkles can be avoided and there are many ways to do this successfully.
There are a range of cosmetic products available in Malls, Supermarkets and beauty shops.
However, cosmetics are both expensive and harsh on the skin on a long-term basis. Cosmetic products also tend to make people depend on them and get too used to these products.
Due to these reasons, natural remedies are often preferred and recommended by naturopathy doctors. Oxidants are one of the leading causes of skin issues such as wrinkles.
Hence, antioxidants are good for the skin, as they prevent oxidants from causing a havoc in our body.
Garlic, one of the most potent tasting and smelling spices, is also an effective wrinkle-reducing agent. This spice can be used in many ways to get rid of the wrinkles and acne.
Garlic can also be used to reduce crow feet around the eyes and to rejuvenate the skin. The primary reason garlic is so effective in removing wrinkles is because of the nutritional value of this bulb.
Vitamin E, vitamin C, antioxidants and anti-ageing properties, you name it and garlic has it all! Listed below are 3 possible ways how you can use garlic to reduce the appearance of wrinkles on your face. Continue reading to find out more.
- Consuming garlic every day can prevent pre-mature ageing such as the early on-set of wrinkles. If you don't like the smell or taste of garlic, then here is a solution for you! Finely crush 4 peeled pods of garlic and mix with it 1 spoon of honey along with 2 teaspoons of yogurt.
- Apply this paste as a face pack on your entire face for 20 minutes. If you do this for a total of 7 days, you will notice a decrease in the appearance of wrinkles as well as you will achieve a softer skin.
- If the smell of garlic doesn't bother you, then try this. Garlic can be applied on to the face directly; however, this has to be done with caution. You can begin by rubbing a small piece of crushed garlic on to the affected area.
- Keep in mind that garlic is pungent as well as potent, so don't rub the piece too hard. The piece should be crushed very lightly, so that it doesn't lose its essence.
- Applying a mixture of garlic juice and vinegar on the affected areas, leaving it for 7 to 10 minutes and rinsing, for 7 days at a stretch, is an effective way to maintain the pH of your skin while reducing wrinkles.
- To see maximum effects, take the juice that you get from 2-3 cloves of crushed garlic and mix with it equal quantities of vinegar juice.