Oatmeal is a wholesome food that contains fibre, calcium and much more of Mother Earth's goodness. Low on calories and high on proteins, these are the perks of consuming this healthy breakfast cereal.
This breakfast cereal didn't always receive the limelight that it should have. A few years ago, this breakfast food was under-appreciated due to the bland taste and unappealing texture.
However, these days, due to the versatility of this breakfast food, it is finally being seen as an all-purpose remedy for stabilising digestive problems, regulating blood pressure issues and reducing visible facial wrinkles.
The method of oatmeal preparation can depend on the purpose it is being made for. However, one thing remains the same, oatmeal is a power-food due to its many healing properties.
Oatmeal baths are one of the most effective ways to holistically reduce itchiness, dryness of skin and the effects of skin allergies. This form of a treatment can also cure the rashes experienced while being affected with chicken pox.
The uses of oatmeal are practically limitless. However, for now, the paragraphs mentioned below will focus on how to prepare an oatmeal bath to make you look and feel ten-folds better.
Continue reading to know how you can empower yourself to feel better and say goodbye to feeling itchy and blotchy.
Items You Will Require:
- A medium to large coffee filter bag
- Half a cup of oatmeal
- Aroma-scented candles (optional)
Process Of Making An Oatmeal Bath:
- If the cereal has large pieces, do not grind the pieces, instead place the half cup of oatmeal in a plastic bag and gently run the bag over with a rolling pin, a few times. The end result should be small-sized pieces, but not a powder.
- Light the armoa-scented candles if you are using the bath for relaxation purposes. Ensure that you choose an aroma that agrees with you. Place the candles away from the bath water.
- Put the oatmeal inside the coffee filter bag and secure it using a ribbon or a string. Place the bag of oatmeal in the empty bath tub. Fill the tub with hot water, wait for a few minutes for the water to cool down and step into the water.
- Soak in the therapeutic bath for 10 minutes if you are treating a skin allergy. If you are using the bath for relaxation purposes, then soak in the water for as long as your heart desires.
- Dab yourself with a soft towel when done. Repeat the bath as
per your requirements.
Also Read: Ways To Treat Common Skin Problems In Summer
Also Read: 10 Natural Things To Add To Bath Water