Everyone loves chocolate. Sometimes, we end up eating more chocolate than we intended to in the first place, that's just how amazing a chocolate is. I am sure you all agree to this!
Chocolate cravings are for real, and most people love hoarding up on products that smell like chocolate because, come on, who doesn't want to smell yummy all day long, isn't it?
In fact, chocolate isn't just this amazing tasting and smelling goody, it also comes with a lot of health benefits.
The flavonols in chocolate are antioxidants that prevent UV damage, reduce age spots and give moisture to the skin.
Also Read: DIY Easy Scrub To Treat Back Acne
Eating dark chocolate is also known to reduce the chances of cardiovascular diseases, strokes and it also helps in keeping the blood pressure in check.
So, think before you say no to chocolate the next time, for health reasons. Contrary to what you've been told, chocolate is actually great for your health.
And when it comes to skin care, chocolate can do more good to your skin. Don't believe me? Well, have you heard of a mint chocolate scrub that can give you a smooth, baby soft skin?
Here, I'll be sharing a recipe for an easy DIY mint chocolate scrub, one that could compete with store-bought branded products at less than half the price. And the best part is, it smells so good that you'd want to eat it!
So, have a look at the ingredients required and the method of application of the DIY mint chocolate scrub for smooth skin.
Ingredients For The Scrub:
- Half a cup powdered white sugar
- Half a cup powdered brown sugar
- Mint essential oil
- Cocoa powder
- Half a cup almond or olive oil
- A Jar for storage
Method & Application:
- Mix the brown sugar, white sugar and cocoa powder together in a bowl.
- Then, add the mint essential oil and the olive or almond oil, mix everything thoroughly.
- Use this in the shower only, as the oils can make it sticky and messy.
- Scoop up a little bit of the scrub and rub it over your skin in slow circular motions. The sugar will help get rid of any dry, dead skin, while the oil will provide moisture and make sure the skin does not get too dry.
This scrub is great for all skin types, and especially for dry skin. However, keep in mind that pregnant women should not be using any essential oil. I hope you enjoy using this mint chocolate scrub!