We knew aspirin can provide temporary relief from maddening headache, ease fever and reduce risks of cancer, but aspirin for skin? We were as taken aback, as you!
Apparently, that taken-for-granted antibiotic that sits in your cabinet, without another glance from you, is probably the only thing you need to answer the most persistent of your beauty woes.
Also Read: 15 Tips To Treat Acne
If our research is anything to go by, it can work better than the most expensive of skin care products you can lay your hands on!
Don't believe us? Here is the proof. Chemical composition of aspirin is similar to salicylic acid, a compound that is normally found in acne-treating beauty products.
So, what exactly can this salicylic acid can do for our skin, here is what it can do, have a look:
- It cleanses the pores, thereby preventing acne formation.
- It sloughs off dead skin cells, helping the skin to absorb moisture better.
- It acts as a protective barrier for the skin against damaging free radicals.
- Packed with anti-inflammatory properties, it reduces the appearances of fine lines, while keeping your skin's natural pH balance intact.
Convinced yet? If no, then try this DIY aspirin face mask and see the results for yourself.
Compounding one ingredient with other equally beneficial ingredients is a good idea, as it will negate any side effects and pump up the goodness quotient of the pack.
Another ingredient in our pack is honey, which is a natural humectant that locks in the moisture, keeping your skin well hydrated and supple.
Also Read: Tomato Face Packs To Treat Acne
- 5 aspirin tablets
- 1 tablespoon of organic honey
Method of Preparation & Application:
- Crush aspirin into a fine powder, add in the water. Whisk until you get a smooth consistency.
- Mix in the honey. Apply a thin coat of the pack on clean face.
- Let it sit for about 5 to 10 minutes, until dry.
- Spritz your face with water. Once the pack becomes moist, scrub your face in circular motion to exfoliate the skin.
- Wash your face with cold water and pat it dry. Follow it up by massaging your skin using a nourishing moisturiser.
Before you give this pack a try, make it a point to perform a patch test first to eliminate the possibility of any side effects. And if you have any more tips, do share them with us in the comment section below.