We are all culprits, or rather victims of the beauty mistakes we make, sometimes unknowingly, and sometimes out of habit. These common beauty mistakes are made by many people; however, they are easy to fix.
People of all ages end up making beauty mistakes. It is mostly because of lack of knowledge that these mistakes are often committed. If a certain beauty practice gives good results once, we keep following them, expecting that the good would be for the long run.
However, this is often not the case. Here, we have listed down some of the common beauty mistakes that pretty much all of us are guilty of making at some time or the other. These mistakes may seem harmful, but you have no idea about the type of damage that they may be causing to your skin.
And if you just change a few of these habits, the difference you'd see would be remarkable and then your skin would definitely thank you; and you would want to thank this post.
So, if you want to know what these mistakes are and how to fix them, then keep reading.
1. Too Much Heat Styling: If you're using any heat styling tool, like a flat iron or a curling iron or even a blow dryer, your hair definitely has undergone some amount of damage. Always use a heat protectant before using a heat styling tool and, of course, don't use one every day.
2. Brushing Too Much: Too much hair brushing can lead to hair fall and hair breakage, and it can even make the hair look oily fast, as the brushing would promote more oil production in the scalp. Right technique is to brush it around 2-3 times in a day.
3. Picking Cuticles: Cuticles protect the nail bed from infection, and picking at them could actually lead to infection. Instead, use a cuticle oil and gently push them back.
4. Not Trimming: Trims are really important to help the hair grow longer faster and to help get rid of dead hair. Plus, it also gets rid of the split ends.
5. Picking Pimples: Picking or touching pimples, acne and other breakouts can lead to scarring. In order to avoid this, you must let the area heal on its own.
6. Smoking: Though not a beauty mistake, smoking is not only bad for the lungs, but also for the skin. It has the same effect on the skin that sun damage does and causes the skin to age prematurely.
7. Sleeping With Makeup On: We have all had the lazy days of just going to bed with makeup on. This prevents the skin from breathing at night and also clogs pores and causes breakouts. Hence, it is always advised to remove every inch of makeup that you've got on before bedtime.