Tender, refreshing and hydrating coconut water, yes we know that's exactly what we like. During sweltering heat of the summer, coconut can give a new lease to life. And if you thought its benefits are restricted internally, you cannot be further away from the truth.
Topical application of coconut water can reverse signs of ageing, lighten pigmentation, tone and instantly brighten your skin. And that is precisely why we curated these coconut water face mask recipes for you.
So, what are the skin benefits of coconut water? Coconut water contains a high ratio of antioxidants and cytokinins, which prevent premature signs of ageing by boosting the collagen levels of the skin.
Furthermore, it has a good amount of omega-3 and vitamin C, which slough off dead skin cells, close pores, tone and brighten the skin.
Not just that, it also has small pockets of minerals like magnesium, potassium and amino acids, which hydrate and replenish the skin.
It's a wonder, with so many benefits, and so little investment, it is a wonder, we have not been using the ingredient in our skin care regimen before!
So, without further ado, here are some coconut water face masks that will make your skin smile!
- Mix a part of coconut water with an equal amount of cucumber juice, and using a fork, blend it well.
- Place the solution in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to chill.
- Dip a cotton pad into the solution, wring out the excess and dab it onto your skin and neck.
- Let it naturally get soaked into the skin.
- Later, rinse it clean with plain water.
This mask works to tone skin, remove blackheads and also cleanses pores.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of freshly extracted pineapple juice with an equal amount of coconut water.
- Apply it to your skin using a cotton pad.
- Wait till it dries completely, before washing it clean with plain water.
This skin brightening coconut water mask removes tan, soothes inflamed skin and removes impurities.
- Take a tablespoon of Fuller's earth, 1 teaspoon of honey and mix it into a smooth paste using a required amount of coconut water.
- Cleanse your face with a mild cleanser and apply a thin coat of the mask.
- Let the mask sit for 15 minutes and then rinse it clean.
- Follow it up with a light moisturiser.
Refreshing Face Spray
The therapeutic ingredients used in this spray is an excellent skin purifier, which not just instantly rejuvenates the skin, but when used regularly, it can lighten the spots and make the skin fairer.
- Mix coconut water with an equal amount of rose water.
- Transfer the solution into a spray bottle, and place it in the refrigerator to cool.
- Spritz your face liberally with the solution and let it get soaked into the skin naturally.
Dead Skin Removing Scrub
This scrub works to exfoliate the skin of dead skin layers, without disrupting its pH balance.
- Take a tablespoon of masoor dal powder, add a teaspoon of honey and a required amount of coconut water to whip it into a smooth paste.
- Apply a thin coat to your face, wait till it dries.
- Spritz your face with some water, and when the mask loosens, start scrubbing in a circular motion.
- Do this for 5 minutes and then rinse it clean with plain water.
This mask when used regularly lightens the skin tone and makes it baby soft.
- Take a tablespoon of red sandalwood powder, add in a teaspoon of cucumber juice and honey, and using coconut water, whip it into a smooth paste.
- Apply an even coat to your freshly cleansed face.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes. Later, scrub and rinse.
If you have any more tips on how to use coconut water on skin, do share with us at the comment section below.