Women are well aware about face waxing. It is the process of unwanted hair removal from your face. Though there are several other ways to remove facial hair like threading, laser treatment, bleaching, etc, waxing is the easiest solution for ladies. Now the tricky question is, is waxing harmful for the face?
You must admit that hair removal from face gives you a smooth texture and keeps it free from hair for several days. There is a belief that repeated waxing can slower the hair growth. Though the process is quiet painful, women would not want to keep facial hair and look odd at social gatherings. However, it is important for you to know if waxing the face is really affecting your skin or not. Face is the most delicate part of your body. The facial hair protects your skin from harmful rays and other pollutants in the environment. Uprooting it may leave your facial skin unprotected.
Is waxing the face harmful for skin? Yes, if you don’t consult an expert cosmetologist, you can have several side effects of skin waxing. The chemicals, used by the parlours, may not suite you and you can have rashes and irritation. Instead of using chemicals, you can use home-made products for face waxing to avoid side effects. For example, you can make a starch with egg, honey and corn flour for the purpose. Now, have a look at how waxing the face can affect your skin.
1. Pain and Redness: When its about waxing, you can’t avoid the pain. As your face is more delicate than other parts of the body, you can feel more pain than ever. Also, it gives rise to red bumps on your skin that can look awful.
2. Blood Patches: Is waxing the face harmful for skin? Obviously, yes. Waxing the face may create blood patches on your skin. Many women often experience bleeding after waxing their faces. It happens because while waxing the thin layer of skin also gets detached from your face like the hair.
3. Allergy and Infection: If your skin is too sensitive, you must stay away from face waxing, as it can cause certain skin infections. Also, you wouldn't have a clue if you are allergic to the products used or not. Using such products without a proper allergy test can cause allergic reactions to your face.
4. Instigate Ingrowths: Do you know how waxing the face affects your skin? You may have heard that repeated waxing lowers the visibility of facial hair. It may happen because the repetitive process may lead to ingrowths.
5. Pimples and Rashes: Ladies often ask if waxing the face is harmful for the skin. Actually, if you have an oily skin type, you have more chances to get pimples and rashes after waxing. The facial hair prevents excessive secretion of sebum. If it is uprooted, the oil secretion increases a lot and you can have pimples.
So, is waxing the face harmful for skin? To some extent, yes it is. However, if you take certain precautions beforehand, you can have lesser problems. Always take an allergy test by applying the wax under your elbow. Don’t apply a thick layer on your skin, as it will cause more pain during the process. Also, avoid going out into the sun for 24 hours after getting a wax.
Subscribe to Boldsky