Tan can occur anywhere on your body depending on the rate and intensity of sun exposure. It is summer, and your chance to get a sun tanned is quite obvious. The ultraviolet rays of the sun will cause an increased production of melanin, thus resulting in skin tan. This usually will be of an uneven tone. The remedial measures for sun tan usually focus on the renewal of new cells under the tan and to exfoliate the affected skin. If sun tan and skin care are the main factors that force you to keep a distance from summer outdoor fun, then here are some effective and easy remedies. Try these home remedies and play in the sun without worrying about sun tan.
Home remedies to remove skin tan:
- Exfoliation is good. Mix salt or sugar, essential oil and a teaspoon of honey in a small bowl. Blend until you get a smooth texture. Add lemon juice and gently scrub this on your face in circular motion to exfoliate the top layer of the skin. Doing this two times a week will remove tan from the skin.
- Gram flour can be used to scrub and remove tan from the skin. Mix gram flour with yogurt and apply on the skin. Wash it after 10 minutes. This is an effective method to remove tan and to make your skin look fair.
- Lime juice and honey are very effective home remedies to remove sun tan. Apply the mixture of equal quantity of honey and lemon juice directly on the tanned skin. Leave for 20 minutes and wash using a mild soap. This can be used daily if you are getting exposed to sun for a long time.
- Yogurt is very good for your skin tan. Apply yogurt on your skin. Keep it for half an hour and then wash it off. This will effectively remove sun tan and will keep your skin fresh.
- Sandalwood turmeric pack is another choice for removing skin tan. Mix equal quantity of sandalwood and pure turmeric powder. Add rose water to form a paste. Apply this on your skin and leave until it dries. Wash off with cold water to remove skin tan.
- Milk lemon pack is another easy home remedy for tanned skin. Mix three tablespoons of milk and one tablespoon of lemon in a bowl. Apply on the affected skin and let it dry. Wash off with cold water after it dries.
- Lemon glycerine pack can be used to make your skin look fresh and free from tan. Mix glycerine and lemon in equal ratio. Apply the mixture on the affected portion of your skin and wash when it dries.
Try these home remedies to remove skin tan and get a fair complexion.