Honey is a very useful ingredient that has numerous benefits on both the health and skin. You can lose weight by having honey and also get glowing skin by applying it on your face. Honey is a natural moisturiser for the skin.
Apart from weight loss, honey can be good for the skin especially lips. Honey lip balms are very popular. This is because honey moisturises chapped lips and makes them soft. That is why, honey is used as a multi-purpose beauty product.
Benefits of honey lip balm:
- It is a natural ingredient that cures cracked and rough lips. It moisturises the lips and helps retain the moisture.
- Honey is a disinfectant. The natural sweetener has antibacterial properties that protects the skin from infectious bacteria and infecting agents.
- Honey heals the wounds and also reduces pain that is caused due to cracked skin.
- When mixed with other ingredients like almond oil or any other essential oil, honey lip balm can be the best beauty product for lip care.
- One of the best benefits of a honey lip balm is, it is long lasting. Lipsticks and lip glosses do not last longer than honey!
- Even if you do not have cracked lips, if you apply honey, you can prevent dry lips. So during winter, always apply honey on your lips and face.
To get a soft and pink lips, here are the steps to prepare honey lip balm:
- In a bowl, add 1tsp honey.
- Now add few drops of an essential oil like almond oil.
- Mix well and apply on your lip before going to bed.
- You can also apply this in the day time and use it as a gloss.
- Ideally, you should apply it as a lip balm (many times in a day)
- Apply an extra dose at the night so that the lips can absorb the moisture.
- Store the lip balm in an air tight container. You can use it for two weeks.
Points to remember:
- Although honey has many health and beauty benefits, it can be allergic for many people. If you get rashes or feel itchy, stop applying honey on your lips immediately.
- Honey if applied on wounds can sometimes cause botulism so be very careful.
These are few benefits of honey lip balm. Do you have honey lip balm recipes? Do share with us