During the winter summer transition, there are all chances of skin going dry, chapped, flaky and burning. Although multiple moisturiser brands promise to take care of chapped skin, nothing can work as good as these natural home remedies. Today, we will discuss on the treatment of chapped skin. Take a look.
Chapped Skin Treatment – Natural Home Remedies
1. Coconut Oil – A few drops of warm coconut oil can be applied all over face before going to sleep (specially on forehead, cheekbones, skin around lips, nose). Coconut oil works excellent in curing chapped skin
2. Cotton soaked in clarified butter (ghee) – Ghee is an ancient Indian medicine for dry skin. Even till this day, the older generation prefer massaging face with ghee than any other beauty product. Massaging face with cotton soaked ghee will remove the dead and dry skin as well as prevent skin from further dryness.
3. Yogurt – Massaging face with ice cold yogurt (early morning or before getting ready for party) prevents dryness, redness and burning sensation on skin. Infact, it is ok to apply a foundation over yogurt water rinsed face than using moisturiser. The foundation blends well on the partially oily skin.
4. Coconut Water – Rinsing face with coconut water everyday will gradually cure chapped skin and also prevent scars. This natural home remedy is best for oily skin.
5. Aloe Vera – The laxative gel of the aloe vera leaves can also prevent dryness and maintain skin fresh and glowing.
Apart from these, avoid washing face often and using soap that contain harsh chemicals. Do not apply makeup if the skin is too dry, keep up with the natural look as much as possible.