Many men try anti dandruff shampoos on their beard which is quite harmful to sensitive face skin. It is even embarrassing to see the dead skin fall off frequently just like the hair dandruff.
The very first thing you need to do to prevent beard dandruff is identify your hair dandruff and prevent it from spreading on face. Wash pillows, change bed linen to prevent it from spreading on face.
Home Remedies For Beard Dandruff
1. Apply neem oil to scalp, eyebrows and beard. This will kill the yeast or fungus causing the dry skin and dandruff.
2. Lemon is the cheap and best beard dandruff solution. Simply apply the juice of lemon or massage with the fruit peel. It will gradually cure dandruff on scalp, eyebrows and hair.
3. Soak fenugreek in buttermilk and coarsely grind it. Apply the paste all over face, hair and scalp. It will soothe the scalp and remove dandruff.
4. You can even prepare a homemade dandruff shampoo. For 3 tsps of shikakai (Acacia Concinna Powder) add a teaspoon of amla powder, neem powder, henna, soapnut powder and yogurt. The paste is applied to the hair, beard and eyebrows. Rinsed only when dry.
5. Bitter gourd paste, turmeric, aloe vera gel and lemon can also cure dandruff on face. Apply moisturiser regularly (whenever the skin goes dry).
Avoid using those soaps that make skin dry and cause face flakes. Wash you hair every once in three days to prevent dandruff on scalp as that's what spreads on face. Oil hair at least half an hour before bath.
Subscribe to Boldsky