If bananas can make wonders with skin then the leaf of the plant is no less. Green, fresh plantain leaves are very beneficiary for body and skin which is why the Asians use the leaves in all the auspicious occasions. The Banana leaves are no less than any herb for skin care. Today, we will be discussing a few skin benefits of plantain leaf. Take a look.
Plantain Leaf Skin Benefits -
1. The natural herb can treat minor cuts on skin and various other skin disorders like dandruff, eczema and sunburn. The application of the juice extracted from the fresh leaves will gradually cure the disorders from root. You can also make a soothing poultice the leaves with cool water and apply on sunburns.
2. Plantain leaf has many medicinal properties that can relieve poisonous insect bites, bee stings, spider bites, rashes, skin irritations etc. The leaves are popularly called natural erasers.
3. Expensive cosmetic creams and lotions contain an active ingredient called Allantoin which is found in the leaves of the plant. Allantoin supports faster healing, kills germs, and stimulates the growth of new skin cells.
4.Plantain when mixed with cayenne and comfrey helps in reducing scars on skin, physical injuries, itching, bleeding and reduce all kinds of inflammation.
5. A simple natural ointment prepared using the fresh plantain leaves extract, olive oil, little beeswax can be an effective treatment for babies. The natural ointment can cure diaper rashes and mosquito bites etc.
A cube of ice rolled in the leaf can be massaged on skin. This soothes skin and relieves stress.
6. The plantain leaf also available in the form of capsules (supplement/liquid extract) can be taken everyday to obtain a blemish free, ever glowing skin.