Asafoetida For Skin Care & Skin Benefits -
1. Acts like a natural skin whitener and helps in fading the age spots. On the other hand, it is said to be very effective and also inexpensive. One of the best ways to apply asafoetida is to make a paste with milk or fresh cream and apply it like a face pack. This way, it can cure age spots, blemishes and also prevent from various other aging related skin problems.
Asafoetida can actually reduce the activity of the enzyme called Tyrosinase which supports the formation of melanin by converting DOPA to DOPAquinone thus improving skin tone and lightening it.
2. Asafoetida can also cure and reduce acne, pustules and acne scars. Pinch of the powder is mixed with water and applied on the acne, the successive applications can gradually reduce the commonly suffered teen problem.
3. Some prime constituents of asafoetida include ferulic acid esters, complex carbohydrates, sulphur compounds and terpenes. Terpenes, particularly, are hydrocarbons that act like a resin and cure hyperpigmentation.
4. Though hydroquinone is used to reduce many skin related ailments but Asafoetida is said to work better than hydroquinone as quinone can said to cause severe skin irritations. The dried asafoetida resin can also inhibit the activity of tyrosinase. Tyrosinase is one of the main determinants of melanin production.
5. Asafoetida extracts like oil is also good for rough and dry skin. Massaging oil every day before sleeping will lubricate skin and avoid dry flakes.
6. Asafoetida is also a good cure for multiple allergic skin disorders and bacterial skin infections.It is sometimes applied directly to the skin ailments like corns and calluses.
All in all, Asafoetida is undoubtedly beneficiary for skin and using it as food and even applying it on skin can keep one"s skin healthy, glowing and blemish free. There are many asafoetida containing skin products available in the markets prefer them than hydroquinone.
Try asafoetida face pack today!