In beach destinations like Goa, hats are worn more frequently. Some hats look best with casuals, some look hippie, some cowboy kinds and the list keeps adding on. Wearing hats are generally determined on the basis of outfits or face types. If teens prefer caps than hat, the older generation like to look a little more matured and royal by flaunting a hat.
Any hat has the power to determine a person's attitude. Cowboy hat makes women think he is manly, a pirate hat makes him look rogue, golf hats add to the classy appearance and so on. Look for the tips.
Hat Trends – Tips For Men Wearing Hat
1. To keep up with the “hattitude"/ hat trend, one needs to know what type of hat suits personality and behaviour. Short men or men with small face should choose hats that doesn't have a broader brim.
The side band also needs to be minimum (fit head perfectly) as the longer design makes men with small face look funny (chef hat)
2. Men who don't have a longer face (chin) and look plump shouldn't choose the brimmed hats instead they need to go hat caps or flat bill hats.
3. The colours of the hat also need to be taken into consideration. The army green hats are trendy and look very manly, while wool hats add to winter look, too many colour make you look gypsy and casual, checks and stripped hats, plain blacks and whites look formal as well as party.
4. It is always best to go soft colours like grey, khaki, beige and browns to make it look very men. Also, the angle of wearing a hat, really adds to men fashion. Ask the designers and they will say that there is a plethora of angles of wearing hats.
5. Matching a hat with the outfit you wear is also an important tip. The fabric, design, tailoring and colour needs to match with the fashion apparel. For example, golf hats look nice with tee-shirt and trousers, some brimmed hat match casual outfits and tuxedos.
Since the fashion 2012 is vintage, men can showoff their ancestral hat such as wool hats or motoring hats etc.