Every makeup addict knows the value of a good lipstick. But lipstick application is not always as simple as it is thought to be. The various different finishes require different forms of application. These lipstick hacks will definitely change your life if you love lipstick.
No matter what kind of lipstick you use, a little bit of prep is really important to make sure that the shade looks its best and you can make the most out of the lipstick. After all, with the right shade of lipstick, a girl can conquer anything.
And a lot of people complain of lipstick that may crease or not last all day. Or even the lipstick bleeding into your skin. Sometimes it can settle into the cracks of your lips making it really painful and not so pretty looking.
We will share lipstick hacks with you that would make the whole ordeal of wearing lipstick a whole lot easier for you. Because who doesn't love wearing lipstick? The right shade of lipstick can dress up the entire look.
1. Scrub: This is especially important if you'll be using a matte lipstick. If the lips are not smooth, the colour can settle into the lines of the lips and then crease, or worse, form clumps on the lips.
2. Balm: Apply a thin layer of lip balm five minutes before you apply lipstick and then gently remove the lip balm before you apply the lipstick. This keeps your lips moisturised throughout the day and prevents the lipstick from creasing.
3. Application: Start around the cupid's bow, and make a cross there. Then line your lips with a nude lip liner closest to the shade of your lips. This makes the lips look plumper.
4. Conceal: If you have pigmented lips, the true colour of the lipstick does not show. Use a concealer underneath your lipstick to make the colour of the lipstick pop and show through.
5. Highlight: To make your lips look three dimensional and huge, highlight your cupid's bow with a highlighting concealer or even with a shimmering eye shadow.
6. Plump: To make your lips look plump, add some golden shimmer at the center of the lower lip. This makes it look plump when the light hits that area and reflects.
7. Gloss: You can even add lip gloss to the center of the lower lip to make it look plump.
8. Blot: If you have a satin lipstick, and you want to make it matte, just blot it using a tissue and then reapply. Then apply the lipstick again and then blot one more time. Easy hack to get matte lips!
9. Last all day: To make your lipstick last all day, apply the lipstick then use a translucent powder over a tissue paper to brush over your lips. Then reapply the lipstick.
10. Contour: You can even contour your lips slightly into making them look bigger by applying concealer just on the center of your lips right under the cupid's bow and then apply your lipstick over it.
11. To avoid staining teeth: Blot the lipstick with a tissue after you apply your lipstick to avoid staining your teeth.
12. Make it last after a meal: To make your lipstick last through a meal, make sure the food does not touch your mouth. But alas, this is a trick that requires years of practice and patience.