Makeup is magical. It can completely change up your look. Did you know that you can even make your face look thinner using makeup?
If you have access to the internet you probably do know. The Kardashians are all for this trend. It's called contouring, and yes, it does help define your features more, sharpen them and even makes your face look thinner.
What it does is give the face a more defined and chiseled appearance over a flat one. It may be a difficult art to master, but it is so totally worth it. You would be able to see the difference it brings to your face in the Selfies that you take after doing this.
You need a few fancy makeup tools; and once you do master this art, you would feel like an absolute makeup pro, not to mention, while looking like a complete goddess.
So, go ahead and risk it. No one gets it right the first time and with makeup, it is all about practice. Practice would indeed make it perfect.
1. Base: Start with a foundation closest to your skin tone. Make sure it matches your skin. Blend it in well using a damp blending sponge for a smooth, airbrushed finish.
2. Concealer: Use a concealer underneath your eyes, and on any other spots where you have dark spots or blemishes.
3. Setting Powder: Use a setting powder to set all the makeup you just applied, in order to prevent it from creasing or melting. Make sure you use a translucent one.
4. Highlight: Use a highlighter or a concealer that is two shades lighter than your actual skin tone, on the high points of your cheeks, your Cupid's bow, and the bridge of your nose. These are areas where the light hits your face the most, and it would look absolutely gorgeous.
5. Bronzer/Contour: As opposed to the highlight, the contour or bronzer, should be two shades darker than your actual skin tone. This adds dimension to your face. Apply the bronzer on the areas, like how the picture suggests.
6. Blush: Sweep on some blush to the apples of your cheeks for that pop of colour. Go for a shade that matches your lipstick.
7. Set: And finally, be sure to set all of your makeup with a translucent setting powder. This will make sure your makeup lasts all day long. Contouring tips to make your face look thin couldn't get simpler than this, could it?