Dewy skin is all the rage these days. After all, it makes you look younger and look like you have glowy skin from within. There was a time when matte makeup was the trend. But, we all need to keep with the trends right? Are you looking for articles on how to get dewy skin using makeup? Then, read on.
Personally, we think that dewy makeup looks a lot better than matte makeup. Matte tends to look flat if it is not done right. But, with dewy makeup, it is sure that you would look healthy and youthful.
For you to be able to pull off the dewy makeup look, it is absolutely important for you to take care of your skin first. So, be sure to have a really strict skin care routine, including a day and night-time skin care routine using the ideal creams or serums.
Use an oil or serum at night, as it will work to repair the skin overnight. So, any skin damage that you face during the day can get reversed overnight.
And make sure all the products you buy are suitable for your skin. And last but not the least, ensure you drink at least one litre of water every day.
So, here are the things that you'll need to do to get a dewy skin using makeup.
1. Cleanse: Cleanse your face with a face wash that is suitable for your skin type. This is the first step to follow to get that dewy makeup look.
2. Moisturise: Massage a water-based moisturiser into your skin. Massaging makes sure the moisturiser goes deep into your skin.
3. BB Cream: Use a BB cream and not a foundation. Foundations are mostly used for matte-finish looks. Plus, BB creams can be built-up to give more coverage without making the face look too cakey.
4. Conceal: Use a concealer closest to your skin tone. Go for the one that has a highlighting effect. Blend in the concealer using a damp blending sponge. This provides even coverage and prevents the concealer from creasing. Set the concealer with setting powder. This is very important, as by the end of the day the concealer tends to crease.
5. Highlight: For that gorgeous, luminous glow, highlighter is the next makeup tip you must follow. You could take either a matte one or the one with shimmer, and use it on the high points of your cheekbones and on the bridge of your nose.
6. Blush: Finally, for the glowing-from-within look, it is really important to have healthy, flushed cheeks. So, go in for a lip and cheek stain for this, as they look very natural.
And that's all that you'll need to get a perfect dewy makeup look! Try it to get that glow!