While lip balms are fun and stylish, they are also essential at the same time. We can never get enough of them. For many of us, even though we have a lot of them lying around, we have to buy the latest ones flooding the market.
They come in different forms, from pots to tubes to sticks. They also come in many different yummy flavours like cherry, strawberry, orange, etc. The list is endless. Then there are also tinted lip balms that offer protection as well as give a nice, light tint to the lips at the same time.
These can be really great for people who are new to makeup. It gives a nice, light wash of colour to the lips without being as intimidating as a lipstick. Let's just say that with lip balms, the possibilities are endless.
Lip balms are not exceptionally costly and most of us have a lot of them lying around, more than we need for sure. But it would definitely be fun to know how to make a lip balm all by yourself.
So this DIY is more like a fun, craft kind of DIY and not a money-saving hack. Read on to find out how to make your own tinted lip balm!
- A few drops of almond oil or coconut oil
- Peppermint oil (optional)
- Lipstick shavings
- Pour the beeswax and the almond oil or the coconut oil into a bowl and microwave till they melt completely. Mix them together. The almond oil here provides moisture and ensures that the lip balm doesn't have too much of a waxy texture.
- Add two drops of peppermint oil into the mixture for the flavour. Make sure you don't add too much, as this could cause the lips to burn. A few drops would ensure that there is a slight tingly feeling. It is not an essential ingredient, but if you want the flavour of peppermint in your lip balm, you can add it.
- Next, add the lipstick shavings. Add these according to how intense you want the tint to be. You can use an old lipstick that you don't use too much as of now.
- As soon as all the ingredients are mixed together, pour it into the container immediately. Let it cool for about two hours.
And there you have it. Enjoy your home made tinted lip balm.