For some women applying makeup is like doing a prayer. They just can't seem to do without it.
Waking up with makeup on the face is not good for the skin, which is why beauty experts advice women to use a natural makeup remover to get rid of the unnecessary chemicals that can dry out your skin.
However, if you do not wish to use those highly chemically treated products, there is a simple DIY makeup remover recipe that you can use to purify and moisturise your skin, while removing the makeup from your face every day.
On the other hand, this makeup remover is the best for any skin type, especially for the sensitive skin type.
Listed below is the recipe to prepare this homemade makeup remover. Take a look at how you can make this simple product at home in less than half an hour:
Ingredients And Their Purpose:
Witch Hazel: Witch Hazel is an organic astringent and will help to tighten your pores and remove excess oils from your skin.
Water: It is best to use distilled water for this recipe, as tap water contains bacteria or minerals from the taps that can interfere with your skin. You can purchase this water from a medical shop.
Almond Oil: From providing UV ray protection from the sun, rejuvenating the skin and moisturising your complexion, almond oil is an essential oil that is required for skin restoration.
What You Will Need:
- A small bowl
- Cotton balls - 10 in number
- A glass jar or bottle
Recipe To Prepare The Homemade Makeup Remover:
- Take the small bowl and add in three tablespoons of each of the ingredients. Mix the witch hazel, distilled water and the almond oil to one mixture.
- Now, add the cotton balls to the glass jar or bottle.
- Pour the liquid or the mixture on the cotton balls, which are placed in the jar.
- Allow the cotton balls to soak the liquid in the jar and after 15 minutes you can use the DIY homemade makeup remover whenever needed.
How To Use The Homemade Makeup
As needed, remove the balls/wipes and wipe your face and neck to remove the makeup. While using this natural makeup remover, one should be careful to avoid the area around the eye.