Sweat Free Makeup Tips & Summer Skin Care
For the hot season, avoid washing your face often as it may drain your sebaceous glands and result in even oilier and dull skin. Using a deep cleanser twice daily and wiping face with pre moistened facial wipes will maintain the skin fresh and clear. Exfoliation and toning is a must as the skin gets irritated with dust and dry air during summer.
- Prefer A Water Based Moisturizer – Your moisturizer needs to be light and easily absorbing. Gently tap the cream base on skin so that it can absorb whenever necessary. Excess moisture is good. Keep your summer makeup very subtle. A sunscreen with SPF 25 is also a good day cream.
- Foundation – An oil free, non absorbing and non drying foundation will be basic of sweat free make up. In order to prevent the flaky skin, massage face with a cube of ice so that it seals the pores and hydrates skin well. Moisturising and applying foundation post massage will make the face fresher and healthy.
- Sweat Free Eye Makeup – Do not apply thick oil or water based eye liner and mascara as it can smudge when you sweat. Keep your eye makeup simple by highlighting the lower eyelids using kajal or liner. Do not apply too dark coloured eye shadows for summer, prefer nude colours, light pinks and gold.
- Sweat Free Cheek Bone Makeup – Avoid too shiny and bright cheekbone colours as it will drain with sweat anyways. Instead apply compact powder that is ideal to your skin colour. Some compact powder also contain shimmer which is best for summer.
- Lip colours – Prefer natural lip colours with matte finish as it maintains lips plump and fresh. Gloss works best for summer as it preserves moisture even longer. A lip pencil can outline your lips as well as prevent smudging.