Sonam Kapoor's makeup was just as much talked about as her clothes at Cannes 2012. This year she may got a bit flak for both her makeup and wardrobe, but last year, she did a clean sweep. If we were to describe Sonam Kapoor's makeup at Cannes 2012 in one word, then it would be 'neat'. This is the reason it is safe to say that she borrows the stylistic elements heavily from vintage makeup to get that pert look. The fact that she has a mesmerising smile is an added bonus.
What is Vintage Makeup?
Vintage makeup is a makeup from the 40s and 50s. This was obviously the black and white era when makeup was done differently. To match your contemporary sensibilities, you could say that it is a kind of makeup you will put when wearing a vintage gown. This kind of makeup is dominated by colours like sage, hazel, baby pink and subdued red.
Sonam Kapoor's Makeup Secrets:
1. If you are gifted with slender long eyelashes like Sonam, then you are lucky. If you are not them you'll have to either get a very good mascara or use false eyelashes. If you notice, she has the perfectly curved eyelashes (always coloured pitch black) that hold the vintage look.
2. Sonam usually paints her eyelids dark. Smokey makeup is part of her look. You will see her dressed in shades of blue black, dark brown or even a deepening bottle green hue. However, when it comes to glamorous occasions like Cannes 2012 or a prestigious fashion festival, you can see hints of gold and ivory white on her eyelids.
3. Sonam Kapoor's makeup kit most definitely contains a brownish red lipstick with a yellowish base. She has been caught wearing this shade on numerous occasions. When she is trying out one of her really elaborate hairstyles, she sticks to neutral lip colours like matte brown, pink gloss or just plain gloss. Lip liners are not really in Sonam's list.
4. When it comes to rouge or highlighters, she has many patents to choose from. She could go for a dull pink or matte red or a subtle ash colour to compliment her pretty high cheekbones.
5. Another small but important point in Sonam Kapoor's makeup is nail polish. She is one of the few Bollywood divas who has a good eye for nail colour shades. You'll see her in trendsetting colours like black, brown or a perky orange.
So which one is your favourite Sonam Kapoor's look from the above three?