A lip gloss
highlights your lips and makes them look attractive and sultry.
Gone are the days when you used to apply a bright or dark matte
lipstick. Shiny and glossy lips are loved by women of all ages.
This is why, lip gloss has completely taken over the old fashion
trend of lipsticks! If you love to apply lip gloss in different
colours, you buy them. Well, you can also make your lip gloss at
home. There are many ways to prepare different shades of lip gloss
at home. Red, the bold colour is a hot pick among women since
decades. Be it a working woman or college student, almost every
third woman in a crowd loves to wear red lip gloss. If you want to
make a natural red lip gloss at home, then check out the
Homemade red lip gloss recipe:
- Melt 2 tbsp beeswax in a pan. Keep stirring till the beeswax melts to avoid getting lumps. Take it off flame after the beeswax melts.
- Add 1 tbsp castor oil in beeswax. Mix well to make a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Blend beetroot juice and add to the mixture. Make sure that the colour becomes red. If not, add more beetroot juice and stir.
- Pour in a lip balm container or a small clean box. Let it cool.
Your homemade red lip gloss is ready! You can apply it to get lustrous and fuller lips instantly and naturally. This recipe is great to protect the lips from ultra-violet rays of the sun. As it is naturally made, your lips will not turn dark. Cosmetic products damage the skin of your lips and women who regularly apply lip gloss should go for homemade lip gloss.
Tips to remember:
- When you are pouring the fruit or vegetable juice in beeswax, make sure the beeswax mixture is hot. This helps combine the colour and blend well.
- You can also add honey or vanilla essence to make the lip gloss look, smell and taste good!
- Red lip gloss can also be made using strawberries. However, the colour will not be bloody red.
- If you do not like to use beeswax, use petroleum jelly. Take a container and microwave jelly for 10 seconds. Add the beetroot juice and mix. Microwave again for 5 seconds. Let it cool.
Always store the lip gloss in a cold place. You can also keep it in refrigerator but adjust the temperature. Too cold temperature can dry the gloss.