There are many beauty products that may be of use while doing makeup. But, there are very few that are absolutely essential to get the perfect look. For example, a face powder is a must have in the makeup bag of a woman. They can touch up their makeup and look fresh by applying face powder at any time of the day. Thus, here are few simple recipes to make face powder at home.
Homemade face powder recipes:
- Mix ½tbsp cornstarch with 1tsp baby powder in a bowl. Cornstarch is a thick powder that lasts longer on the face. Baby powder and cornstarch makes a soft mix that is best for the skin. Apply a little on your face to feel fresh. You can add few drops of an aromatic essence if you want to make the powder smell good.
- In a bowl, mix 1tsp green clay powder with 1tbsp cornstarch. Green clay is mostly used in making face packs. You can use it to make homemade face powder too! When mixed with cornstarch, green clay hides dark spots from the skin and opens the skin pores. You can either apply with a makeup puff or a brush to look fresh any time of the day.
- Take 1tsp beetroot powder, 1/2tsp mica and 2 ounces arrowroot powder. Mix them together. Now slowly add 5-8 drops of lavender essential oil (one drop at a time based on your requirement). Also add the powders in little quantities to suit your skin tone. Apply the homemade powder on your face and check if it is matching with your skin tone or not. Add more amount of these ingredients if required.
- If you want to make a foundation powder at home, do not go for harsh chemical products. Just mix cornstarch with cocoa powder. While adding cocoa powder, see that the powder matches with your skin tone. Slowly add a little amount and mix. If required, add more in the bowl. Mix well so that no lumps are formed. Store it in a box and use whenever required. This mineral powder gives a better effect of a foundation than the others because of the cocoa powder.
- One of the easiest ways to make a natural foundation is to apply non-scented baby powder on the face. Just take the powder in your palms and then press it on your skin. Baby powder sets on the face and absorbs moisture. Thus the skin looks fresh and dry. This is an ideal face powder to beat the summer heat. You can also mix the non-scented baby powder with a compact. If you have a broken cake of a compact or foundation powder, just crush it finely and mix with the baby powder.
These are few homemade face powder recipes that can be of great help for you! Do you know any other recipes?