Eye makeup tips for contact lens wearers:
1. It is best to buy oil free cosmetics for eye makeup. This tip for contact lens wearers is effective so as to avoid the contact of cosmetic products with the eyes. Water resistant makeup products doesn't smudge on the eyes and also prevents the irritation of the eye lenses.
2. Avoid using the same product for more than 2-3 months. Replace the existing ones with new packs to maintain hygiene and prevent eye infections.
3. One of the eye makeup tip for contact lens wearers is to put the lens before applying eye makeup. Wash the hands before wearing lens. Take out the lens before removing the eye makeup.
4. Use waterproof mascara and eyeliner for eye makeup. Apply a thin or thick line of eyeliner on the upper eyelids. You can also use colourful liquid liners or eyeliner pencils. Avoid applying eyeliner on the edges or inner surface of the eyelids.
5. If you are applying eye shadow, close the eyes and avoid spreading it on the edges of the eyes. Remove the excess powder of the eye shadow before opening the eyes to prevent irritation.
6. Cream eye shadows are also a great alternative eye makeup tip for contact lens wearers. This avoids the makeup from smudging around the eyes.
7. Use a sponge to apply powder around the eyes. Apply gently to prevent the powder from entering the eyes.
8. Contact lens wearers are advised not to apply kajal but the kajal which doesn't smudge can be used. Apply kajal carefully to avoid it from entering the eyes. Apply a thin line of kajal outside the eyes.
Contact lens wearers can follow these eye makeup tips to prevent getting eye infections and irritation due to cosmetics. If the eyes become red or swells then stop applying eye makeup.