Imagine a day when you are wearing a lovely black top to work, during your tea break, your friend notices dandruff on your top and points it out to you - oh, it could be so embarrassing, right?
Well, surely many of us would have been in similar situations before and it can be really humiliating when people notice dandruff all over our clothes and start to give us advice.
Dandruff can also cause annoying symptoms like an itchy scalp, oily hair, smelly hair, hair fall, scalp infections, etc. So, it is always better to get rid of dandruff in the initial stages.
Dandruff is nothing but flakes of dead skin cells that fall out from your scalp. It is caused by fungal infection that affects the scalp due to the accumulation of sebum and impurities.
Also, other common causes of dandruff can be hormonal imbalance, not maintaining a proper hair hygiene, heredity, oily scalp, using hair products that are not of a good quality, etc.
So, if you want an effective way to reduce dandruff, without spending too much on chemical-induced hair products, then you can try this easy remedy at home.
Recipe To Prepare The Remedy
- Aspirin tablets - 3-4 (crush them in a blender to obtain the powder)
- A mild shampoo (you can use your regular shampoo)
Now, we all knew that aspirin is a common pill taken for conditions like fever, headache and cold. However, did you know that it has beneficial properties that can help you get rid of dandruff too?
Yes, it is true, aspirin has antiseptic qualities that can kill the bacteria which cause dandruff, thereby reducing the flakiness and dandruff to a considerable extent.
In addition, aspirin can also reduce the sebum production in your scalp, which can reduce conditions like an oily scalp, greasy hair and even dandruff.
How It's Done:
- Add the crushed aspirin powder and the required amount of shampoo into a bowl.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Now, apply this mixture on to your hair.
- Massage your scalp gently for a few minutes.
- Clean your hair well, i.e., from the roots to tips.
- Then, rinse your hair thoroughly.
- Repeat this process at least twice in a week for best effects.