Yogurt is supposed to be great for all sorts of stomach problems. It is also used in different cuisines all over the world. But, it has a lot of hair and skin benefits as well. A lot of people use yogurt on their hair.
It is said that eating dahi can help aid your digestion to a great extent. Yogurt has a lot of good bacteria that are necessary for your overall well-being.
Apart from this, it moisturises the skin, gives it a nice glow and that too naturally. So you'd be getting the benefits of a moisturiser and a brightening treatment without having to use any chemicals or even spend too much money.
This article would focus on the benefits that using yogurt could have on your hair. It is by far the cheapest and easiest method to get soft, perfect hair. Here are the things you need to know before using yogurt on your hair. Take a look.
1. It Conditions: It is the best natural conditioner for the hair. Just apply it all over your hair and put on a shower cap to prevent it from dripping. Leave it on for at least 30 minutes and wash off. You'd be left with well-moisturised hair.
2. Makes Hair Softer: Mix yogurt with a little honey and use it as a mask. Wash it off after 15-20 minutes. This mask will make your hair soft like never before. A perfect hair benefit of yogurt!
3. Gives Shine: To add extra shine and moisture to your hair, mix yogurt with mayonnaise and use it on your hair. This should be applied well to the ends of your hair for best results. Wash your hair as you usually would within half an hour.
4. Helps With Split Ends: Use any of the yogurt masks at least twice a week to get stronger hair. Split ends is a problem that most women face and yogurt is the best ingredient that can treat split ends effectively.
5. Treats Dandruff: For a dandruff mask, make a mix of yogurt and lemon juice and apply it on your scalp. Follow this remedy twice every week to help get rid of your dandruff.
6. Helps Treat Hair Fall: Crush some curry leaves and mix the crushed bits with yogurt. Apply this throughout the length of your hair. Along with treating hair fall, this helps get rid of those embarrassing greys.
7. Increases Hair Growth: Take a little bit of yogurt, coconut oil and some hibiscus petals. Make a paste out of all of these and apply it all over your hair, especially on your scalp. Leave it on for an hour or two and then wash and condition like you usually would.