Between styling tools, chemical-based products and pollution, to things can happen to your hair, it can either become excessively greasy and prone to breakage or dry and brittle.
If latter the case, then stock up on the conditioner and if your scalp is greasy, then we have you covered. Here is a two-ingredient homemade mask for oily scalp and hair.
Before we get down to the home remedies for greasy scalp, here are a few ground rules.
Also Read: 7 Shocking Causes For Hair Fall That You Did Not Know!
Stop clogging your hair follicles with chemical products, cover your scalp with a scarf when you step out, switch to herbal alternatives to wash hair and of course take care of your diet.
Wondering which are the two herbal ingredients that will make your hair less greasy? Well, they are none other than turmeric and green tea!
Turmeric, as you may well know, is a powerhouse of antioxidants and antibacterial properties, which reduces rashes, cleanses the scalp of impurities, unclogs pores and stimulates hair follicles, which in turn reduces the greasiness of scalp.
And, green tea has minerals, antioxidants and tannins, which will restore the pH balance of your scalp, seal the cuticles and give your hair more volume.
You can also infuse the goodness of herbal oil for an added benefit.
Let's now see how to reduce scalp oil naturally using just turmeric and green tea.
1 teaspoon of turmeric
1 cup of green tea
5 drops of essential oil of your choice (optional)
How It Works
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cover your neck with a towel to avoid staining.
- Part your hair in small chunks, and using a brush, apply the solution to the roots.
- Make sure you apply the solution liberally through your scalp.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- And then, rinse it thoroughly, until all the residue comes out.
- Apply this mask not more than twice a month, it will combat oiliness from the roots, making you less dependent on shampoo.
Also Read: Powerful Homemade Hair Mask For Frizzy Hair
Before using this home remedy for greasy scalp, make sure to patch test it first to avoid any possibility of side effects.
If you know of any herbal ingredients to remove scalp oil, do share your tips at the comment section below!