To have clean and healthy hair, shampooing is the most important thing to do. Here we share few of the recipes for preparing natural shampoos right at the comfort of your home. These shampoos are sans chemicals and will effectively cleanse your hair when used.
As per experts, they say if you use one brand of a shampoo continuously, your hair loses its ability to respond to that specific brand.
Not only that, your hair is also exposed to environmental elements like climate, weather and pollution. The shampoo you use in the summer will not be appropriate for winter, as your hair needs more moisture in the dry weather.
So, changing your shampoo often is very much needed. Now, the most important question is how often should you change your shampoo. According to hair specialists, you should change your shampoo once every three months.
Also, if you don't get the desired result from your shampoo and your hair damage continues, it is a clear sign to change it or go in for natural shampoos that work just as good.
Listed below are homemade shampoos that could address most of your hair concerns once you use them regularly. Have a look.
1. Egg and Vodka Shampoo: This shampoo is an awesome solution for oily hair. Mix 2 tsp of Vodka with 2 eggs and apply this 'shampoo' on your hair and scalp. Massage for a few minutes and wash with cold water.
2. Baking Soda and Water: If your hair has become too dirty, this will help you effectively to remove that. Take baking soda and mix it with an adequate amount of water to make it into a paste. Now, massage your scalp with it and wash thoroughly.
3. Avocado and Baking Soda: This pulpy green fruit is wonderful for damaged hair. Scoop out the green pulp and mix it with water and baking soda. Apply it on your scalp and hair, and wash thoroughly. You will get clean and healthy hair after a few uses.
4. Castile Soap and Essential Oil: When you see damaged hair and nothing is working, try this one. Take an equal amount of water and castile soap as per the length of your hair. Add any light vegetable oil like jojoba or grapeseed. Mix everything well and use it. You can also store it in a foaming bottle.
5. Coconut Milk and Castile Soap: This is the DIY natural shampoo that you can use even for your kids' hair. Mix an equal amount of coconut milk and castile soap and add essential oils like peppermint, orange, rosemary or lavender into it. Mix well and use thoroughly. If you have dry hair bothering you, you can use olive oil or almond oil.
6. Green Tea Shampoo: You know that green tea is good for your health. But, it is also good for your hair too. Get a mixture of green tea, lavender oil and castile soap and store it in a bottle. This is a two-in-one shampoo, as it also conditions your hair.