Neem, or Indian Lilac, is well known for its uses in skin and scalp problems. It is most popular in the South East Asian countries like India, Myanmar, Pakistan and Bangladesh. It grows in tropical and sub-tropical areas. If you are looking for how to use neem for scalp problems, then keep reading!
Many products in India have neem as an ingredient because of its antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties. It is even used as a means for controlling diabetes. And that is what makes neem a great plant to be used for medicinal purposes.
Some people even use neem for contraceptive measures, as a part of the neem tree can be used for making spermicides.
Neem oil, on the other hand, can be used in many cosmetics like creams, shampoos and face washes, as it is a great ingredient to control oil production and it can effectively deal with pimples and acne.
Neem is also used in a lot of insect-repellent sprays and creams.
However, today, we will be focussing on how neem can help cure and soothe scalp infections and give way to healthier and better hair. So, keep reading to find out how to use neem for your scalp issues.
1. Dandruff: Neem is one of the best cures for dandruff. In your blender, make a paste from neem and water and then apply it on to your scalp. Leave it on as a mask for ten minutes and then wash it off.
2. Itchy Scalp: Neem juice can be used to cure itchy scalp because it is anti-inflammatory in nature. Apply the juice on your scalp whenever you feel your scalp getting itchy and then shampoo and condition as usual.
3. Dry Scalp: One of the main reasons for itchy scalp can be dryness. Using neem can help make sure that there is just the right amount of oil being produced in the scalp.
4. Oily Scalp: And at the same time, neem really helps make sure that not too much oil gets produced in the scalp because oiliness can lead to itchy scalp and oily dandruff too. Oily dandruff is extremely hard to get rid of. So, why not prevent the root of the problem by reducing oiliness, right? And for that, neem is your answer!
5. Scalp Acne: Sometimes, due to excessive oil produced in the scalp, acne can shoot up on the scalp, and this is even worse than face acne, as you aren't aware of the acne before it turns into itchy, painful boils. So, use neem to treat this scalp issue effectively.
6. Hair Fall: Scalp infections often lead to hair fall. Boil neem leaves in coconut oil, strain out the leaves and massage your scalp with this oil. You will have reduced hair fall withing 15 days.
7. Lice: Neem juice mixed in a shampoo can also help get rid of lice. Wow, now that the best use of neem for scalp problems.
8. Bald Spots: Apply neem juice on the area where baldness is starting, to heal the hair follicles there. This is one of the best uses of neem for scalp issues.
9. Hair Thinning: Scalp infections can lead to hair thinning too. Use neem paste on your scalp every week to end this problem forever.
10. Scratches: An itchy scalp can make you inevitably scratch your scalp and, sometimes, this leads to cuts and scratches. To make sure that the scratches don't get infected further, use neem juice on them.
11. Scalp Fungus: Now, this is definitely the best way to use neem for scalp problems. Because of its antibacterial properties, neem can help cure scalp fungus.
12. Scalp Rashes: Scalp rashes arise from using too many harsh chemicals. In this case, use neem juice to cure the scalp rashes in no time at all.