More often than not, hair starts to break in the middle. This is because the hair isn't as strong as it used to be. Having shiny and silky hair is every girl's dream no doubt, but often because of breakage, it seems impossible. In this article, we'll be telling you how to manage hair breakage at home, read on.
Hair breakage can be really painful, not literally but just to watch. The hair isn't breaking from the roots in such a case, it's only becoming weaker and breaking in the middle.
In fact, the hair gets so weak that it can break even when you're doing something as simple as running your fingers through your hair.
This can even make the hair look dull and straw like at the ends. The natural and immediate response to having such a situation is to apply even more chemical products or indulge in heat styling the hair in order to make it look better.
But, this would of course make the hair look a lot more worse and would further make it weak in the long run. So, try out these ways to manage hair breakage at home!
1. Egg: Whisk egg whites with olive oil and apply it on to your hair, specifically the ends, where most of the damage is concentrated. Wash it off within an hour and this would ensure that your hair doesn't face any problems with breakage.
2. Castor Oil: One of the best oils for overall nutrition of the hair is castor oil. This would ensure that every single strand is nourished well and it reduces the chances of future breakage as well.
3. Mayonnaise: Mayonnaise is basically a mix of eggs and oils. So, it combines the proteins of eggs with the benefits of the oils. Use this before you take a shower as a pre-shower mask, focussing more on the ends. Wash it off after an hour.
4. Olive Oil: Use warm olive oil to condition your hair ends every week before washing. This ensures the ends are nourished well and it also saves them from further breakage.
5. Honey: Honey is extremely moisturising as a hair conditioner. Apply honey on your hair before you take a shower for healed ends and to treat hair breakage effectively.
6. Coconut Oil: This is obviously one of the best home remedies for hair breakage. Coconut oil nourishes the entire hair shaft to prevent breakage and it even makes hair more shiny.
7. Butter: This is not a very common remedy; but it definitely works in strengthening the hair and adding lustre to it. That's how easy it is to manage hair breakage right at home.
8. Coconut Milk: Just like coconut oil, its milk can be used to condition the hair. Doing this once every week can ensure your hair remains strong.
9. Aloe Vera Gel: Using aloe vera gel on the areas that seem to be the weakest can actually help save the hair from further damage. You can do this either before or after a shower, as aloe vera would just get completely absorbed by the hair.
10. Vinegar: Use white vinegar or apple cider vinegar on the ends of your hair before a wash to provide it with conditioning. You can even use it as a post-shower conditioner if you mix it with water.
11. Banana: Mash bananas with yogurt and use it over the entire length of your hair. The potassium in bananas makes it one of the best home remedies to be used for hair breakage. Wash this off after an hour.
12. Avocados: Mash half an avocado and mix it with milk to make an amazing pre-shower mask for brittle damaged hair. Wash it off an hour later with shampoo and your usual conditioner.