Tell tale signs of damaged hair are rough texture, split ends, lack of lustre and, of course, hair fall! Just a weekly hair oil treatment is not enough to counteract the damage, what you need is deep conditioning. And the only suggestion we have is honey hair mask!
That's right, honey does more than make an excellent dressing for your dessert! Honey is a natural humectant, which locks in the moisture in hair shafts, preventing breakage, sealing broken cuticles and making hair shafts soft and smooth!
It is packed with antibacterial properties, which cleanses the scalp of flaky dandruff, restores the pH balance and soothes any scalp rashes.
Add to it, honey has a high ratio of vitamin C, which repairs damaged hair, stimulates blood flow and promotes regeneration of new hair follicles!
Honey also packs a powerful punch of antioxidants, which improve the collagen level of the hair, which in turn improves the elasticity, texture and hair shine.
Bonus point, it only costs a fraction of the money, you spend in your single hair spa sitting!
So, without further ado, here are herbal honey hair mask recipes you need to try today!
Hair Smoothening Rinse
- Take two tablespoons of pure honey and mix it with a cup of distilled water.
- After shampooing, drizzle your hair liberally with the solution.
- Massage your scalp for 5 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water.
- Your hair will be visibly, soft, smooth and shiny!
Deep Conditioning Mask
- Heat a cup of coconut oil on low flame for 1 minute.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey and 1/4th cup of buttermilk.
- Stir the ingredients well and let it cool down until lukewarm.
- Divide your hair in small sections and apply the mask.
- Let it sit for an hour and then shampoo and condition as usual!
- Try this deep conditioning honey hair pack, at least, once a week!
Damage Control Mask
- Take 1 tablespoon of well-mashed avocado in a bowl.
- Add in 1 egg white and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Using a fork, mix well, until all the ingredients blend.
- Apply the mask liberally through your hair and scalp.
- Tie your hair in a loose knot and put on a shower cap.
- Let it sit for an hour and then rinse it clean with a clarifying shampoo.
- This mask will repair, hydrate and lock in the moisture in your hair shaft!
- Take a bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil with half a cup of yogurt, a few drops of tea tree oil and a tablespoon of honey.
- Mix all the ingredients well, until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply the mask and let it sit for an hour or more.
- Later, shampoo and condition as usual!
- This mask will show a visible difference in dandruff, with its first use!
- Mix 10 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with 2 tablespoons of raw honey and 10 drops of almond oil.
- Apply the solution all through your scalp and hair as you would shampoo.
- After 15 minutes, rinse it out thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Use this honey hair mask for silky hair once a month!
Dry & Damaged Hair Mask
- Mash 1 banana well into a smooth pulp, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of curry leaves, along with 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Using a fork mix well until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply the mask and let it sit for an hour.
- Once you start to feel crunchy, rinse it clean with a mild shampoo.
- Tweak the contents of this honey hair mask, as per your hair length!
If you have any more tips on how to use honey on hair, do share it with us, in the comment section below!