Coarse hair is often a result of the hair being a little too thick. This can happen to hair that is damaged by too much styling or by not using a heat protector when styling your hair. If you have coarse hair, this article will help you find out what to do with it and we'll be sharing a few hacks for managing the coarse hair better.
People with dry and damaged hair or even normal curly hair can be victims to coarse hair. And, of course, coarse hair is extremely difficult to manage. But with this guide, you will be able to manage your coarse hair just a little bit better.
Your hair is one of the most important aspects of what makes you, YOU. So, naturally, you don't want it to be unmanageable and not great to look at, right?
Coarse hair does need a lot of extra care and patience, we cannot emphasise on just how much we mean by a lot. But the end results would be totally worth it, we can assure you.
So, here's how you can manage your coarse hair just a little bit better with these hacks!
1. Warm Olive Oil: A warm olive oil massage is one of the best remedies for managing thick coarse hair better. Do this before you wash your hair and leave it on for an hour. This will give you smooth, soft hair.
2. Paddle Brush: Try not to brush your hair at all, but if you must, then use a paddle brush. Coarse, curly hair tends to get really tangly. And paddle brushes are the best way to reduce tangles.
3. Don't Over Wash: If you wash your hair too much, you could be stripping your hair of its natural oils.
4. Co-Washing: Co-washing means washing with conditioner and skipping shampoo all together. This is one of the best hacks for coarse hair to make it softer and more manageable.
5. Invest In A Good Shampoo And Conditioner: Invest in a good-quality shampoo and conditioner, which is specifically made for your hair type. Ask around in stores and don't hesitate. They are usually very helpful and would help you make the perfect choice.
6. Hair Treatments: Your hair needs pampering every week. So, indulge in a hot oil or mask treatment once every week. Let the oils seep deep into your scalp to promote softer hair growth.
7. Keep It Trimmed: Keep the ends of your hair trimmed to avoid all split ends and signs of damage. And that's what to do with coarse hair to manage it better.