Your hair needs just two things, if it stands any chance of survival between scorching heat of the styling tools, chemically chocked hair care products and harsh environmental factors and they are protein and moisture. And both of these elements are present in ample in gelatin. And that's why, you need this DIY gelatin protein mask for shiny strong hair.
So, how does gelatin help in strengthening hair? Gelatin is nothing but processed version of protein collagen. As we know, collagen is the fibrous protein that makes 80% of our hair. Gelatin improves hair's elasticity, which in turn strengthens hair follicles.
Also Read: Homemade Avocado Face Mask Recipes
Not just that, the high ratio of proteins present in gelatin also improves hair texture, shine and volume.
Some other ingredients in this homemade gelatin mask for strong hair include green tea, apple cider vinegar, honey and rosemary oil.
Green tea in this gelatin hair mask for smooth hair is packed with antioxidants and vital minerals that cleanse the scalp of the sebum buildup, unclog pores and protect hair strands from free radicals.
Honey acts as a natural humectant that helps lock in the moisture, preventing breakage.
Apple cider vinegar, in this gelatin hair mask for silky hair, has high acidic content that helps maintain the required pH balance for your scalp, reducing frizziness and preventing split ends and breakage.
Rosemary oil gives the mask a therapeutic fragrance that is soothing to the mind and body.
Now that you know exactly how to strengthen your hair with gelatin mask, let's get down to the recipe.
1 tablespoon of powdered gelatin
½ a cup of water
1 teaspoon of green tea
1 teaspoon of honey
1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
10 drops of rosemary oil
How To Make
- In a pan, take water, then sprinkle in the gelatin powder. Keep whisking it to prevent the formation of lumps.
- Place the pan to heat in low flame. Keep stirring every now and then to keep the gelatin from sticking to the base.
- Let the solution boil until you see steam forming. Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool at room temperature.
- Once the solution becomes lukewarm, add in the green tea,
honey, apple cider vinegar and rosemary oil. Whisk well for the
ingredients to combine.
- Get your hair wet and apply the gelatin mask solution
thoroughly throughout your scalp and hair.
- Let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes. Rinse it with clarifying shampoo and follow it up with a conditioner.
- Apply this DIY gelatin protein mask once a week to transform
your hair like never before!