We have been using coconut oil for ages for our hair. It is a tried and tested method for all sorts of hair care problems.
According to our mothers and grandmothers coconut oil is a solution to every kind of hair problem. Hair fall? Use coconut oil. Pre-exam stress bogging you down? Get a warm oil massage of coconut oil from your grandmother herself.
Coconut oil has been a quick fix to many problems for Indians. And of late, the western countries too are catching up with the benefits of coconut oil. A lot is being discussed about coconut oil and its benefits and its multiple uses on the Internet nowadays.
But did you know that you could use coconut milk on your hair too?
Some of us are a little hesitant to use eggs and yogurt and certain other ingredients on our hair, because we are worried about it smelling bad later, and with good reason. One of the added benefits of this DIY conditioner is that it smells great.
This DIY conditioner would be good also because it's very easy on the pocket. So, keep reading to find out how to make this conditioner.
- Coconut milk (according to hair length)
- 2-3 teaspoons of coconut oil
Method and Application
- Mix the two ingredients together and apply it evenly throughout the length of your hair. Put on a shower cap to avoid the conditioner from dripping. And that's all.
- Keep the conditioner on for 15-20 minutes, and then wash your hair with your regular shampoo. You will see your hair turning shinier and smoother once it dries.
- Keep in mind that this has to be used before washing the hair, which might sound a bit strange as most conditioners are used after a hair wash.
- I hope you try this out and keep watching this space for more
amazing DIY tips and tricks.