With huge varieties of shampoos available in the market, you often get confused which one to use. Every brand claims to enhance your hair growth, stop hair fall visibly and eliminate dandruff-related problems giving you a smooth and soft hair. Definitely, you choose any one of these and use it.
Then, why don’t the problems still seem to end? When you don’t get any positive result from one brand, you tend to opt for another. However, the problem remains the same. So, is shampoo the reason for your hair fall?
The causes for hair fall can be numerous. It can be dandruff, dust and pollution, physical illness, stress, etc. Therefore, to fight all these problems you seek help from shampoos and conditioners. So, is shampoo the reason of your hair fall?
Actually, market-made shampoos contain several chemicals that cause irritation on your scalp and you may even lose hair. However, you can’t completely avoid the use of shampoos available in the market.
So, are you choosing a shampoo as per your hair type? For example, you have dry hair and are using a shampoo for oily hair. This can make your hair drier.
Moreover, check the bottle for chemicals that harm the most. So, whenever you think, “is shampoo the reason for your hair fall,” check out for these chemicals in it and try to avoid them as much as possible.
1. Sulfates: What is the main cause for hair fall? Yes, it can be your shampoo. There are lots of low-quality shampoos that contain ALS (ammonium lauryl sulfate) and SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate). These chemicals can damage your hair follicles. As a result, you face hair fall.
2. Formaldehyde: You may think that baby shampoos are safe for your hair, as they are mild. However, it has this ingredient that can affect your DNA and cause hair fall. Formaldehyde is a low-cost preservative that is used in many low-quality shampoos and conditioners.
3. Sodium Chloride: This is popularly known as
table salt. To make the shampoos thick, this is used. In
ammonium-based shampoos, ammonium chloride is used. This is the
reason for a dry and itchy scalp. Hair fall can happen due to this
chemical that can be present in many shampoos.
4. Alcohol: Any hair care products contain a certain amount of alcohol. While buying a shampoo, check for the percentage of alcohol present in it. Recent studies have shown that a high concentration of alcohol in hair products can dehydrate your hair and cause hair loss.
5. Greasers: It includes mineral oil, lanolin and petroleum. Do you need more explanation on why these objects are harmful for your hair? These products when present in a shampoo can eliminate natural oils and make your hair thin. Therefore, hair fall becomes inevitable.
It is true that in your busy schedule you don’t get enough time
for making and applying home remedies. Therefore, whenever you buy
a shampoo or any other hair product, opt for reputed brands. You
can also check with your dermatologist to prescribe a medicated
shampoo to solve your hair problems.