Constant headaches after a hectic day makes it difficult for you to work and concentrate. Champi, Indian word for head massage gives relief from stress and tension, refreshes your mood, relaxes and with renews clarity of mind. Indian head massage benefits as it is a very popular treatment to get over stress, headache and work tension. Lets check out head massage techniques to promote hair growth and prevent hair loss, most important benefits of oil massage.
Indian head massage benefits:
- A deep relaxation
- Improves circulation and lymphatic drainage to the head, neck, scalp, face and shoulders
- Provides relief from headaches and migraine
- Muscles relaxation of the head, neck and shoulders
- Stimulates hair growth and cures hair loss
- Improvement in concentration and memory
- Relaxes the eyes and improves eye sight.
Indian head massage techniques
- Good Indian head massage techniques basically includes different pressure points, right positioning and strokes with the help of fingers and thumbs. You can choose either coconut oil, sesame oil or almond oil as the base for stronger hair. These oils help in reducing the tightness and stiffness of the scalp and are very nourishing for hair growth.
- Use fist and knuckles if you want extra pressure specially to get relief from headaches. Apply lukewarm oil on the scalp and not just on the hair. With fingertips apply oil on the scalp and on hair tips.
- Spread your fingers on the head and gently give strokes both upwards and downwards. Apply pressure on the head with the use of your fingertips but don't be too hard.
- Change the direction of your fingers every few minutes so that the entire head is covered for massage.
- After strokes, slowly start doing the clockwise and anticlockwise directions on the scalp. This boosts circulation and relaxes the mood.
- Apply pressure on the sides near ears and the back of the head, behind neck with the knuckles to get instant relief from headache.
- Spread your fingers across the eyebrows and with fingertips or thumb whichever affects more, press gently to get relief from eye sprains.
- Even massage the sockets and upper eyelids gently to feel relaxed.
- Don't go for different strokes which damage hair and leads to hair loss. Be gentle and soft.
Use these Indian head massage techniques for a relaxing champi!