Chub rub, or the rashes caused by inner thighs rubbing against each other, can be really painful and can even lead to darkening of the skin on thighs. Not to worry, there are remedies to get rid of chub rub that'll surely help you.
And, we have listed 12 such best home remedies for inner thigh rash.
This problem mostly strikes when one is wearing a skirt or dress, and the thighs come in contact with each other and keep rubbing against each other.
It happens mostly because the area sweats too much, and the heat in the area leads to friction from the rubbing, which in turn leads to chafing of the area.
Although this is a common problem for people with a little more fat in the thigh area, this problem can affect people who don't have excessive fat too. It can be a really difficult problem to deal with and can make wearing skirts a huge issue.
So, try out these easy, natural ways to deal with chub rub to heal and soothe your skin. All of these remedies are safe to use, but it is encouraged that you do a patch test before trying anything new on the skin. Take a look.
1. Petroleum Jelly: One of the easiest ways to get rid of rashes between the thighs would be to use petroleum jelly. This provides deep level skin moisturisation.
2. Coconut Oil: Massage coconut oil on the area to help heal the chub rub. Coconut oil provides deep penetration to the driest of skin.
3. Olive Oil: Olive oil is a really good source of vitamin E, which is great for nourishing the skin. Apply olive oil on the area and the rash will be treated in no time!
4. Vitamin E Oil: This is a really good remedy to use when the rash is really bad. Pierce a vitamin E capsule and massage the oil from that to heal your rash.
5. Cocoa Butter: Remedies for chub rub include cocoa butter that is derived from cocoa beans and is one of the most moisturising ingredients. Massage cocoa butter on your rash to get an instant relief.
6. Ghee: Ghee, or emulsified butter, is an ingredient abundantly present in the Indian kitchens. Massage ghee on the rash and leave it on overnight to wake up to healed skin.
7. Shea Butter: Another really great ingredient to get rid of chub rub easily at home is shea butter. It is even very gentle on the skin.
8. Butter: If you don't have any fancy butters available, plain butter will work just fine. Be sure to massage it on and then wash it off after an hour.
9. Talcum Powder: Dust talcum powder on the area to make it softer and make sure that the rub isn't too harsh on the skin. This prevents the sweat from making the area too sticky.
10. Antiperspirant Stick: Using antiperspirant on the area before wearing a skirt can help prevent excessive sweat, which in turn would help reduce the chafing.
11. Baking Soda: How to get rid of chub rub naturally? Well, make a mix of baking soda and coconut oil to reduce sweat production in the area. And, it's that simple.
12. Aloe Vera Gel: Aloe vera gel can help soothe and calm irritated skin. Apply aloe vera gel on the area whenever desired to help heal the skin on thigh area.