Are you experiencing itching and burning sensation in your vaginal area and wondering if there are any home remedies for it? Is the condition becoming severe with each passing day? Then it is time, you take some action!
Some of the immediate causes of vaginal itching are chemical irritants, yeast infection, menopause, or the most common culprit, sexually transmitted disease.
First check, other than vaginal itching, is there any redness or swelling around the vulva. And if there is any whitish discharge accompanied with pungent odour, you have to consult with a doctor to know the exact cause and subsequent solution for the problem.
Never use harsh chemicals or soap to clean the area inside the vagina. Just rinse it with plain water on the outside. Your vagina is composed of both the good and bad bacteria. Douching kills good bacteria, leaving the genital region susceptible to infection.
Follow a diet rich in fibre and proteins to flush out the toxins from the body, wear loose-fitting clothes, go easy on body lotions and drink plenty of water.
Other than that, here are some home remedies that can alleviate and treat genital itching. Take a look.
- Take a clean cloth and wrap a few ice cubes in it.
- Press the compressor against your vagina, hold for a few seconds, remove and repeat.
- The low temperature of the ice will soothe inflammation and provide an instant relief from itching.
Apple Cider Vinegar
- Take two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, mix it in a cup of lukewarm water.
- Wash your private region with the solution, pat dry with a soft towel.
- Do it twice a day.
- Antifungal properties of the vinegar will kill bacteria and prevent them from regrouping again.
Lactic acid and probiotic properties of yogurt can restore the
balance of good bacteria in your vagina.
Take a tablespoon of yogurt in a bowl, using a cotton ball and apply it to your vaginal area. Let it sit for 15 minutes and then rinse with plain water.
- Add some sea salt in your bathing water.
- Soak in the solution for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Minerals present in the salt can kill the infection-causing microorganisms.
- Mix 5 to 7 drops of garlic oil with a teaspoon of vitamin E oil.
- Apply it liberally to your private region.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes and then rinse it clean.
- Use this natural ingredient for vaginal itching once a day.
- Antibacterial properties of garlic break down the yeast formation and kill bacteria.
- Rinse and boil a handful of neem leaves in a cup of water.
- Strain the solution and once it is cool, wash your vaginal area with it.
- Neem contains antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic properties, which can bring fast results in vaginal itching.
Allicin, antioxidant and vitamin E present in aloe vera soothe and relieve itchy skin. Peel off the skin of an aloe vera leaf and scrape off the gel. Massage the gel to your private region, let it sit for 10 minutes and then rinse.
Highly acidic content of cranberry creates a very inhospitable environment for yeast and bacteria to survive on. Simply drink a glass of cranberry juice every day to flush out the toxins from your system and reduce itching.
Honey contains antibacterial properties, which can reduce the skin's microbial infection. Spread a thin coat of honey in your vagina. Let it sit for half an hour and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Repeat it once a day to treat vaginal itch.
Another tip on how to treat itching in private area is by using rosemary leaves. It contains antibacterial properties and antioxidants that can keep your vaginal region clean, dry and moisturised.
Steep a handful of the leaves in boiling water. Let it cool down. Strain and use the solution to wash your private area to relieve you from the itch.